FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I wish ...

Author Topic: I wish ...
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
... that people's pants really did catch on fire when they lied. That would make things a lot simpler.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
No it wouldn't.

Quick. Water. Now!!!!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think it would change the meaning of the term "hot" as applied to attractiveness?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
For any lie? What if a woman asks you if her butt looks big in something? Let's set some boundaries here.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I was imagining a "cool" sort of flame. Just blue buttlights.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Lying about that should set her pants on fire. [Evil]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Then would it chenge the meaning of "cool?"
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why politicians always campaign standing behind a podium. They drop their pants where no one can see them, just in case they do catch on fire.

Well, that was Clinton's excuse anyway.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

quote:
Just blue buttlights.
I know folks that get that without lying!

edited for clarity

[ December 23, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Somebody's butt should burst into cold blue flames. I'm just sayin'.

I'd like to see it. [Smile]

[ December 23, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Who would you be thinking of, in particular?

[Eek!] [Eek!] <---This blue enough? Or is it purple?

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even have to lie. Sometimes my pants just spontaneously burst into flame anyway.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

This guy must have told a whopper!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

quote:
Don't try to mix dangerous chemicals in your pants.
[ROFL]

[ December 23, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ow. [ROFL] We need a dead serious smiley.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

- posted      Profile for Glaphyra the Righteous           Edit/Delete Post 
Trisha, Dag: [ROFL]

Ralphie, you can make a dead man rise with your hotness.

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Sara Sasse
Member # 6857

- posted      Profile for Dead Sara Sasse   Email Dead Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
... or a dead woman ...
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Voila!

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail] [Hail] [Hail]

^-- (a row of lyres)

[Big Grin]

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh] [ROFL] [Big Grin] [The Wave] [Party] [Laugh]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I just have to say that blue flames can erupt from your pants, but not necessarily for lying. All you need is flatulence and a bic lighter...

Not that I'd know or anything...

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

No way.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I never understood why anyone would light farts.

There are like 4 body parts in the immediate vicinity that make my Top 5 List of Things I Don't Want Burned and Therefore Keep Far Away from Fire.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I thought that was a total myth.

Mind you, for the first couple decades of my life, I was pretty sure sex was a myth, too.

Oh, how the innocence is lost.

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Seen it, butt have never done it. A friend from Louisiana did this a lot when we were in "A" School together back in 1999. He ended up burning the crotch area of his pants a bit one time.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

*holds head in hands
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I ass-ume he stopped after that?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
well.......there is a natural way someone's pants could catch fire.......but the rest of their body would too..........its called spontaneous combustion........a person can just be standing there burst into flames and die........its really pretty bad........happened to one of my wife's best friends at a college reunion........turns out she had been cheating on her husband......ironic isn't it? fire for lying....kinda crazy [Dont Know] [Confused] [Angst]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
SpontaneASS combustion?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
from Louisiana
no he didn't. Because he did this in such a way (hard to describe exactly how he did it) that it was used to annoy/torment (torment w/ stupidity) another student in the class. He was having too much fun just doing it. The burning just caused him to be more precautious.

Mind you, during study hours, him and I used to kick back and belt out some Elvis tunes for a bit. It was all fun until he got kicked out of the Navy for drug usage. Stupid stupid stupid...

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Too much buttane in the diet.
punwit
Member # 6388

Oxygen is highly flammable. Now I understand the genesis of the term buttox.

[ December 23, 2004, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I've heard fires burn especially well in Northern Ireland. Something in the Derry air, I guess.
punwit
Member # 6388

For peats' sake I believe your right.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Butt of course!
punwit
Member # 6388

By the way, if Sara's desire to see flames erupting from the britches of liars ever came to pass, I believe we would see rumpant conflagrations.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

We'd certainly have a lot of cheeky liars about.
punwit
Member # 6388

I guess we'd have to hope that our fire-fighters are ASSiduous in their dedicaton to duty.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yes, brave souls will be needed to combut these ignoble ignitions.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

(I just can't. I just can't. *aghast)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.