FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cracker Barrel rents books on tape and CDs

Author Topic: Cracker Barrel rents books on tape and CDs
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Link

I think there are Cracker Barrel stores across the country, but if not, this may be irrelevant to some of you.

Cracker Barrels are kitschy country food restaurants-slash-old-time-country-stores. The food is pretty good for a chain, it is family-friendly, and the menu is consistent, so you know what you are getting.

The kitsch factor and noise level tend to place this restaurant low on my list. However, during our recent road trip, Dave and I stopped by one to grab a bite. We really enjoyed the pegboard game at the table ( [Smile] ), but most of all, we enjoyed the 7th Lemony Snickett as read by Tim Curry on the next leg of the trip. [Big Grin] Four very enjoyable hours went by like nothing.

What did we pay? A purchase price which varies by item -- for us it was $20 -- which can be refunded on return of the item to any Cracker Barrel, minus $3.99/week rental fee.

Hey. That's a bit of all right.

[ December 21, 2004, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
We plan our road trips around Cracker Barrel for the Books on Tape (and the huge quantities of food). The selection can be a bit limited depending on where you are travelling, but we've only gotten one real dud of a book on tape in all our trips.

Glad you're back, Sara.
Lisa

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only been in one Cracker Barrel, and I have to say that it has the most disgusting bathroom in the history of public bathrooms. It's a sight to behold. For some reason, though, I've stopped there innumerable times. It seems to be perfectly situated such that I always *really* need to use a bathroom when I'm approaching it.

Hm...maybe it's the same Cracker Barrel, but not the same location---maybe it's like the Dionaea House.

[ December 21, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.