FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FIC Board, good or bad?

Author Topic: FIC Board, good or bad?
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to get a value system for my sister + husband, and for a very low price - I can get the FIC P4M-RS300 motherboard (unfortunately, AMD systems don't have such great boards here, even though I love the Sempron).

The question is very simple: How is this board in performance? The specs suit them well, a 12-month old high-end board. But now, practically?

Thanks,
Jonny

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The board is adequate. But do you really think you can build a system more cheaply than you can buy a whole PC nowadays? Is that the case in Israel?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Not if you only need to pay 1,500 NIS, whereas a new computer comes with a new legal OS (something they do not want, they'd like Windows for free), and they stick a Prescott 3.2 along with 256 MB of DDR 333 RAM. The way most shops construct systems here is worse than appalling; and those are 3,000 NIS systems labelled 'value'.

Jonny

[ December 20, 2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.