FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The name of my town isn't SneezeLand

Author Topic: The name of my town isn't SneezeLand
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh! I have been sneezing my head off for a solid week - ever since we moved. At first I thought it was a cold coming on, but no other symptoms have developed. In addition, I wake up every single stinkin' morning with a headache. What could be in this house that my body doesn't like?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Mold. Mildew. Sawdust. Pollen. Cleaners. Air fresheners. Perfumes. Chemicals of any description.

Um, I think it would be easier to figure out what ISN'T in the house that you may be allergic to. [Frown]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Maybe it's time to break back out the allergy meds. I'd rather not though, as I'm trying to keep all meds out of my system. *waves fist* stupid nose!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Space Opera,

Are you usually allergic to things? It isobviously mold or something, and if you nought the house, I would have it checked out for air quality. Do you have pets? If not, did the former residents?

If it continues, you might want to invest in one of those air cleaners. I have friends who say they are very helpful.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Did the previous owners recently put in new carpet? If so, it could be the adhesive they used.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't mean to scare you or anything, but my first thought was Lost Boys.
[Smile]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

So by the time we left yesterday afternoon to visit family, my eyes were bright red and I was sneezing every few minutes. Yuck.

We bought an air cleaner thing for the bedroom on the way home; it seems to work well - I think. I felt better this morning, but that could still be the 24 hr. allergy pill I took affecting me.

I was diagnosed with adult allergies a few years ago (never had them as a kid) but the dr. didn't really seem to care what I was allergic to. I'm betting it has to be something like dust, etc. because they always get worse in the winter. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

space opera

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.