FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So I was talking to my dad today... (BIG NEWS [to me])

Author Topic: So I was talking to my dad today... (BIG NEWS [to me])
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was on the phone talking to my dad about my grades this semester, particularly the Biology class that worried me most. I'd reasoned that because of my kickarse score on a paper (97/100) it would make up for my absymal test scores (66/100 and 65/100), if I maintained my average score on the exam and final and I'd pull a C.

I was *praying* for a C.

So during this conversation I idly went on Blackboard to see if the scores popped up. Exam 3 was listed as a 93.

a NINETY-freaking-THREE!!! I did the math, and before the final, it gives me an 80.2.

B minus.

Mind, this is in the middle of a phone conversation with my dad. I start bawling because I got a 93 on a BIOLOGY test and start laughing hysterically and crying at the same time and saying things like " [Cry] I'm so happy! [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] "

I can hear my dad on the other end talking to my mom: "Honey, you need to talk to your daughter, I can't deal with this." Through my hysterics I managed a decent trans-continental [Roll Eyes] .

This represents, to me, a huge post-finals release that I desperately needed. I'm still being realistic (I don't have high hopes for the final but I'm positive now I'll have a solid C) but I had to expunge the angst I've been carrying since Thanksgiving.

Now I can start breathing again. [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I wondered what the hell that IM was about. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on my roommate's laptop and had to use sucky aim express, which prompty kicked me off not long after I sent you that message. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I cried.

But I'm okay now.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

(((mack)))
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
w00t!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I just checked my grades.... my GPA has been stuck at .03 points below where I wanted it to be because of a dismal showing in my 5-credit design class last semester. I was really hoping to bring it up this semester, and it turns out I got an A; not just an A- but a full-fleged, 4 point A in my 5-credit design class this semester. Woo hoo!

So it sounds like you and I, Ashley darling, get to go out for ice cream.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. Getting an A in a class as subjectively graded as art & design courses is rarely heard of. I guess it pays off to do your assignments when everyone else in the class is a slacker.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
That's good [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the hard work paying off, Ashley and Annie! [The Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.