FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stylonary (funny?)

Author Topic: Stylonary (funny?)
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to write an over-verbosely done stylonary, preferably as humorous as possible. My current results are the following:

I am hungry – I hereby declare from the heights of this <location> that my own self is currently experiencing the tender sensation of being slightly motivated to be feeling peckish.

You suck – The actual worth of you whole being is not quite as valuable as the energy required to calculate it.

I lost my key – Alas, the recent occasions that have unfortunately happened in this recent period of sincere devastation have caused the horrible accident, clearly resulting in the lack of straightforward streaming correspondence of both our parties; resulting in a gruesome result of colourless communication systems between the parties mentioned earlier, overwhelmed by eccentricities. Therefore, miscalculation amongst us; resulting in terrible lack of flowing ideologies connecting the minds of the parties. Thus, it will be causing eventual rage forming due to problematic communication in our own lovely, gorgeous nation of <Name>. (Note: In the UK it is: “in Her Majesty’s United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the long-lost Territories of the 19th Century to the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.”)

I’m in love with her – She is the one who causes my un-tuned heartstrings to be played in Pizzicato mode.

I’m sick – My own glorious self is currently experiencing certain incompatibilities between particular molecular processes occurring within myself, causing unbearable situations.

You don’t get me, right? – This is no ostentation, my fellow comrades, nor is this exquisitely pretentious; as much as a peripatetic I may be, my verboseness is not an attempt to prove myself over-sophisticated in my upholstery when eccentric over-doings of mine are occipital.
Am I obtenebrating your comprehensiveness? It seems to me like you all are as knowledgeable as Ornithoscelidans, your sardonyx brain cells are equidifferently, pleomorphicly, fading to the shade of nothingness. I am speaking unconstitutionally to your unconsciousness; and yet, as preposterous as this text may seem, it is an albastrum to your imperceptive interpretation. If these formidolous words interrogate your sensibility and your fear, allowing almighty, omnipotent fear to overhaul your personality – you know I have beaten you.

Any recommendations on how to cause even MORE redundancy, useless terminology, implementing it, and confusing your own friends? Thanks!

Jonny

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, while you're adequately redundant and verbose, you're also agrammatical -- which, IMO, kills the joke. This kind of humor is dramatically improved by the correct use of the English language, however obscure.

[ December 12, 2004, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm trying to write an over-verbosely done stylonary, preferably as humorous as possible.
Why?
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
jehovoid: [Big Grin]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
The one about the key does not actually communicate "I lost my keys." Surely obfuscating to the point of not including the original message is no challenge? You might as well do thusly :

I lost my keys - Up yours.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The one about the key does not actually communicate "I lost my keys."
Correct, but it was used, in a different form, in "Yes, Prime Minister!".
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Totally irrelevant. Just because it was on TV doesn't mean it was any good.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Actually, it was. I just tried to over-verbosise (word?) it.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
What, exactly, is the definition of stylonary?
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Style-dictionary. I made it up.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.