FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » oopsie daisy--I erased my email address book

Author Topic: oopsie daisy--I erased my email address book
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I just converted an email account from netscape communicator 4.x to Thunderbird 1.0.

I thougt everything imported, so I unistalled Netscape Communicator.

Come to find out, the address book didn't get imported. Is there anyway to get the address book back? Would it be in the recycle bin?: I emptied to recycle bin, but uninstalling doesn't delete anything does it?

If I find Netscape communicator, can I reinstall it, and will it still have my old addresses I can manually import?

[ December 09, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... Uninstalling something usually gives you an option whether you want or not to delete whatever user files where created with it. Or, sometimes, it just doesn't delete those files and tells you at the end of the uninstall that they're left on the disk and you can remove them manually.

So: do you know where your Netscape was installed? Usually it will be in the Program Files (you're using Windows, right?), so go there, see if there's a Netscape directory still around, and in there there should be some files left. You'll have to google their extensions to see what each file really is, 'cause I have no idea about Netscape...

Also, you asked a question in this thread , did you get my answer?

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

Yes I just worked it!
Thank yo uso much. I did not respond because that was a question for my home computer, but my home internet went out.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad I could help. As for this one... You might want to change the title to something like "adress book importing problem", because at first I thought you sent an email to the wrong person, or something, and certainly not what you actually did.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same impression.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

Good point. I changed the title.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.