FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why am I an Agnostic? (now with puns and other silly stuff )

Author Topic: Why am I an Agnostic? (now with puns and other silly stuff )
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Who knows?
Who cares?

[Dont Know]
[Razz]

[ December 04, 2004, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that makes you an apatheist [Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
What's an agostic? [Big Grin]

space opera, who thinks sndrake is not only clever, but also quite witty

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Space Opera,

It's a typo that's been fixed. Where were you when I needed you? [Wink]

AJ,

I prefer to think of myself as an Idunnotheist. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Militant Agnostic: I don't know, and neither do you!
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

[Wink]

(I'm an oscularitheist.)

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an accepting atheist: I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe, lets leave it at that and not go there [Smile]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I want to make it clear I don't belong the group of Agnostics who analyze different religions at length.

You know who I mean.

Those darned annoying Diagnostics! [Grumble]

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ow. Ow ow owie.

[No No]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Then there's those folks who abstain from crystal ball gazing, feeling the future is uncertain, unknowable, unguessable and what's the use anyway:

You know.

Pragnosticators. [Razz]

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders innocently into thread*

[Eek!]

*flees*

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*gigglesnarf*
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Thanks for making my day.

"Diagnostic," tee hee....

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
*wanders innocently into thread*
*Has major difficulty with the whole concept of eslaine wandering innocently anywhere.

Flee, coward!

*is pleased that my recycled pun was a hit with Eaquae Legit*

sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
I'm a Militant Agnostic: I don't know, and neither do you!
Well, I'm part of the Ultra-Secret Agnostic Cabal: None of us know and we wouldn't tell you anyway if we did! [Razz]

*Resistance is never futile*

eslaine
Member # 5433

Hey! I can affect innocence....
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Hey! I can affect innocence....
But not effectively. [Smile]

*I'll believe it when I see it. Probably. Maybe.*

[ December 02, 2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Any Agnustics here?

You know who you are...

The ones who don't know whether or not wildebeests really exist. [Smile]

sndrake
Member # 4941

I used to be Agnewstic.

I didn't know if I believed in Spiro T. Agnew.

quote:
"(The media) are an effete corps of impudent snobs, a tiny fraternity of privileged men elected by no one and enjoying a monopoly sanctioned and licensed by the government. They are nattering nabobs of negativism."
--Alleged to have been said by Spiro T. Agnew

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an agnostic dyslexic insomniac-- all night long, night after night, I toss and turn, muttering "Is there a dog?" [Dont Know]

edited from a deleted post to put my AAAS post on the 1st page:
Thanks for the feedback Stephen, I had a weird day.

[ December 05, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

For Morbo:

quote:
A Dog's Letter to God

Submitted by Robert B. Warwick

Dear God,
How come people love to smell flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another? What are they thinking?

Dear God,
When we get to Heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it the same old story?

Dear God,
Excuse me, but why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not one named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We dogs love a nice ride! I know every breed cannot have its own model, but it would be easy to rename the Chrysler Eagle the Chrysler Beagle!

Dear God,
If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?

Dear God,
Is it true that in Heaven, dining room tables have onramps?

Dear God,
More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God,
When we get to the Pearly Gates, do we have to shake hands to get in?

Dear God,
We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent IDs, electromagnetic energyfields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God,
Are there dogs on other planets, or are we alone? I have been howling at the moon and stars for a long time, but all I ever hear back is the beagle across the street.

Dear God,
Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God,
When my family eats dinner they always bless their food. But they never bless mine. So, I've been wagging my tail extra fast when they fill my bowl. Have you noticed my own blessing?

Dear God,
I've always lived at the shelter and I have everything I need. But many of the dogs here have names and I don't. Could you give me a name please? It would be good for my self-esteem.

Dear God,
The new terrier I live with just peed on the Oriental rug and I have a feeling my family might blame me 'cuz they think I'm jealous of this stupid dog. Since they have no sense of smell, how can I convince them I'm innocent? Does PetsMart sell lie detectors?

sndrake
Member # 4941

Hey Morbo,

glad you enjoyed it. [Smile]

I get weird days too.

sndrake
Member # 4941

A couple more:

Eggnostic: someone who's really not sure how they really feel about eggs.

Eggnogstic: while they may be OK with eggs, they're really not sure about eggnog.

[Razz]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I an acrostic?

What, do I have to spell it out for you?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Up until recently I was very AGnostic but he resigned.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

I think we should all give a historical nod to the ancient Egyptian Akhenostics, who really weren't all that sure about Aten being the one and only god.

[ December 03, 2004, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Egognostics, of course, are just full of themselves. [Wink]

[ December 03, 2004, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
In Vermont there's a lot of Agrignostics, who don't know if they want to be farmers.
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Then there are the lagnostics, who don't know why they're always late.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Then there's Acorngnostics, who are unsure of the existence of acorns.

Serious note: Squirrels should be discouraged from this line of thinking - disbelief, uncertainty or doubt about a diet staple can have deadly consequences! So don't go talking young impressionable squirrels into doubting the existence of acorns. It's not funny. [No No]

Spinning them off the feeders is bad enough. (No innocent looks - you know who you are.)

[ December 03, 2004, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

eslaine
Member # 5433

*covers eyes*

Thanks for the warning in the title.

*flees again*

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
And then there are the Ecrunostics, who are unsure of the existance of the "color" ecru. They assert that it's really off-white, and only silly romantics who have a need to believe in something call it ecru.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Assgnostics - are believe it or not - totally unconvinced that donkeys exist. They're amarezingly mulish about this topic.

(Note: they should not be confused with asstheists.)

[ December 03, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

sndrake
Member # 4941

Exgnostics are an interesting case. These individuals seem to suspend belief in their ex-spouses. Needless to say, it's a totally unsupportable position when alimony is involved. Not to mention visitation.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

assignostic: someone who can't decide whether to show up for a blind date.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Askgnostics aren't convinced that questioning is something that is useful or relevant. And if you aren't sure about questions, there's no reason to worry about answers.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Arrrgnostics aren't sure whether or not to talk like a pirate.

[ December 03, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

[ROFL]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I know someone who's a Gagnostic. She doesn't know whether bulimics exist.

(Oh man. I'm evil... O_O)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why am I an acrostic?

What, do I have to spell it out for you?

[ROFL]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* This thread is funny. [Big Grin] I'm amazed at people as clever as y'all.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Aknockknockgnostics: Very ambivalent about opening the door to strangers. Often the butt of jokes.
sndrake
Member # 4941

Apegnostics: 1. Humans who are uncertain about the existence of apes. 2. Apes who are uncertain about the existence of of a Supreme (or Primary) Primate. See also: Apetheists
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagnostic: I'm not sure if Dagonee exists.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish there were some aknockknockJOKEgnostics. Maybe if enough people questioned their existence they would cease to exist. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Dagnostic: I'm not sure if Dagonee exists.
[No No]

quote:

Not believe in Dagonee! You might as well not believe in fairies. ... Nobody sees Dagonee, but that is no sign that there is no Dagonee. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

Yes, Eaquae, there IS a Dagonee!

[Big Grin]

[ December 05, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

And he knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness' sake!
sndrake
Member # 4941

AAgnostics aren't sure about alcoholism. Or anonymity.
sndrake
Member # 4941

AAAgnostics are ambivalent about auto safety, roadmaps and emergency roadside aid.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
AAASgnostics are skeptical of creationism.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.