FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Lapdog/Mopey Parents Question

Author Topic: A Lapdog/Mopey Parents Question
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
So, my dad's a perpetually grumpy guy. Seriously-- the kids call him 'Grumps.'

Do you think that a lapdog would help him see the cheerier side of life?

Lap Dogs, etc

[ November 30, 2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
url isn't working. If it's a joke I don't know. So I'm going to answer your question seriously.

If he likes animals, he'll be nice to the dog, and grumpy to everyone else. The dog ain't gonna change his personality. But if he dislikes animals to begin with then its going to be a feather duster with fur that he's going to whine and moan about.

If the father is a really rare variety, he'll whine and moan about the featherduster dog, while mollycoddling it every chance he gets (and let it sleep on his pillow) and it still won't improve his disposition.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless he wants it, I don't see a dog helping him at all. I have also seen that some men find small dogs to be annoying. Talk to him before you do this, but I'm pretty sure I have read some research in dog magazines that a lap dog will affect you personality and make you feel like you have something to live for (but I can't find these magazines at the moment).

Btw, the link isn't in english, but it has some cool pics.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Oh, you're both just lost souls.

I mean, seriously. . .

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

www.akc.org might be a good resource. And that link that scott linked to doesn't distinguish between two separate breeds the Pembroke Welsh Corgi and the Cardigan Welsh Corgi. I certainly wouldn't take it as a conclusive list.
Bruce M Fogle's dog books are nice for unusual and rare breeds.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Now you're being serious to poke fun at my lack thereof.

Nicely played.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*polite clap*

Relevant, slick, and convincing. Three dobies.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*pies Scott R*

They were being helpful. [Taunt]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

rotfl!!!!! [ROFL]

You don't understand. Scott. My mother made my father a bathrobe labled "Grumpo Bear" because he is a grouch. My father is #3 on the list above moaning about the dog every chance he gets but it sleeps on his pillow with him at night...

Which makes the joke even funnier really.

AJ

Scott R
Member # 567

Mmm. . . pie.

3 DOBIES! CHAMPEEN!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.