FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (((CalvinMaker)))

Author Topic: (((CalvinMaker)))
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
He has been down lately. Now is time to trick him. He not be ready. We be mean. We ambush him. We hug him. When he be distracted, we steal his wallet. (That is actually a real tactic of an all-female gang I once knew. Fascinating. They would mob people, chatter at them in their REALLY high voices, press really close, grab wallet, then skitter off.)

Ready? Go!

(((CalvinMaker)))

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*turns on perky annoying voice* CALVIN!!!

*hugs Calvin*

*steals his....woops!! Missed the wallet there!*

Hmmm. I now have the back pocket of his pants. Sorry Calvin, I can't even steal a wallet right! [Big Grin]

I hope you're hanging in there, we love you!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
((((CalvinthetrueMaker))))

[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Noah!! I hope you see this.

Sweetheart, I was just about to make a thread for you. I've been wondering how you are, and the e-mail address I have for you didn't work. *hugs*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say except...

((((((((((CalvinMaker)))))))))) [Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Noah))) And I won't even try to steal your wallet.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Noah))))) Aw, I'm sorry you've been down. We love you!
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Group Hug]

*tickle*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Don't worry 'bout me guys. I just was stupid and started falling in love with my girlfriend (despite my best efforts not to so quickly), only to find out that it's probably not gonna work out.

I haven't heard from her in a week... [Frown]

Thanks for your concern though.

On a side note, I wrote an awesome song today, getting some of my feelings out. You know how songs often make so much more sense when you're hurting? Well I was listening to song last night, and it described my feelings so well. I wanted cry, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't...

Crying. Goddamit. Why do I have such problems with it. I can't cry when I need to. Only when I don't want to. About a month ago, I was so depressed that the only time I ever got any relief from the stress was at night, when I would have nightmares every night, and I'd wake up covered in tears.

Damn. I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore. I wish I could get some kind of control over my life. I should be happy though. I have so much more control over my life than so many other people.

And yet here I am...

I'm listening to Elliot Smith right now. I hear he killed himself by stabbing himself three times in the stomach. The first two didn't do it, so he kept at it. Damn. You can hear the pain in his voice. I admire that so much.

The songs I write are always so much better when I'm in pain. For example, the lyrics of the song I wrote today:

Tread

It all seemed too perfect
It all seemed to good to be true
All the downers seemed worth it
Quickly fell apart, yeah came unglued

No I won’t cry
No you won’t ever hear me cry
No satisfaction on your side
Know why I lied the other night

You told me you loved me
You told me it would be okay
I wanted to believe you but
After this I can’t trust anything you say

No I won’t sigh
No you won’t ever hear me sigh
No reason to comply
Know why I tried to rectify you

It all feels so lost
Every cause unjust
Fading into dust
Refusing to trust

Anyone who tries
Spilling poisonous lies
Won’t f***ing compromise
I think I’d rather die

Take a look around me
I think I’ve reached the end
I’m surrounded by flowers
So why do I feel broken

And here's the lyrics of the song I wrote a month or so ago. I was in SERIOUS depression then:

Does It Matter?

Verse1
_____
On the phone last night
Her gentle jibes, feelings I despise
told her I wouldn’t take it anymore

And I feel trapped on my side
Mom and Dad just don’t get it
I scream inside but only my guitar can hear me

I’m just a freak in a show except
Its reality I’m seeing on all sides,
And yes it blinds me to myself
I can’t help but realize

Chorus ½
_________
Roll myself a J and smoke this pain away
But it doesn’t do any good

Verse2
______
And when I’m riding home
In the middle of the night
I see my course but it just isn’t right
It leaves me dry but somewhat high

Yeah I do know the path to a righteous man
A prophet with a plan
Who heals the world an
Eighth at a time
But in my lungs
There burns his lie

Estoy perdido no se donde puedo empezar
Tequila in one hand and in the other my guitar
Rings so loud

It takes me to a place where no quiero estar
I’d like to be, I’d like to see
Something other than the dashboard of this car

Chorus1
_______
Roll myself a J and smoke this pain away
But it doesn’t do any good
Everything looks the same now
But I gotta get over it somehow
This isn’t home
And I’m alone
Lost as I pass the places
I used to
I used to love

Verse3
_______
No one to call
No one to say “Noah, I missed you”
(laughs) Damn. It was never like that anyway.

Just seems like I’m a shadow underwater
No one even sees me enough to grab my hand and pull me out
Like there’s this layer that
Separates me out and tucks me in
Am I spread too thin I wonder
Will I pick up the pieces from this blunder

Chorus2
______
No uplifting note to end this song
No smile to leave when I’m gone
Cuz that would be a lie
And I’ve been living enough of that

Sorry for all the rambling. I'll go back to do my homework now.

-N

[ November 30, 2004, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: CalvinMaker ]

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Noah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Love you, little brother. Take care of yourself for big sis, okay?

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Noah))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Take care of yourself. [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
((((((CalvinMaker))))))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, Calvin, sorry you've had a rough time of it lately. You're space opera approved, so if your girlfriend was too silly to realize what a great guy you are then it's her loss, neh? Someone will come along that's perfect for you, and you for her. Until then, concentrate on yourself and keep your chin up. [Smile]

space opera, who has thought Calvin was cool ever since KamaCon

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((noah)))))))
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*more hugs for Noah*

*BIG HUG*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm officially single again.

She came online tonight and I IMd her. The conversation was empty and lacking emotion. My friend convinced me that I just needed to tell her how I had been feeling; that it would only hurt me more in the long run not to. I mentioned it, and we talked about our relationship for a bit, saying how it didn't seem reasonable to continue it. I said we should stop dating and just see if she got into my school, and if so, wait until next year and just see what happens. She agreed. And that was that.

*Sigh* Why can't any of my relationships just be somewhat normal? It's always me liking them more, or them liking me more, with problems such as long distance, parental control, or something else. I just want to find a girl who I feel like I'm on the same level with, and be able to live near them and spend time with them.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((Noah))))))))))))))) Don't blame yourself. Seriously, it's not your fault. We all love to pieces over here, and I wish you very good luck with finding that person... I know you will! [Group Hug]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.