FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Going out tonight

Author Topic: Going out tonight
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
First date we'll have had in years! Daddy's coming up to babysit, we'll have to whole evening to ourselves.

Problem: none of the movies out right now look very...appealing, except for Alexander. Wonder if hubby will agree to see that? [Frown]

I guess a nice dinner and...ummm...well, you really don't want to know how this evening will end, do you?

Happy Anniversary (tomorrow) to me and Hubby!

[Party]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a lot of people here have liked The Incredibles, and I've heard good things about Ray.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Bridget Jones, but I can see why your husband (or you, for that matter) might not go for that as much...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
The thread that was here on Alexander said it was not so good...

My kids and I want to see the Incredibles and Ocean's Twelve next..

Forget the movie -- go see a bad one that you don't really want to watch, so you can snuggle in the back, dark corner of the theatre like you did when you were teens.....

[Big Grin] FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

In that case, Bridget Jones would be perfect... [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I never did that as a teen. If I wanted to, um, snuggle with a girl, I'd go somewhere that didn't charge admission.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary! I hope you two have a wonderful time on your date.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

mph -- you're cheap.

Too bad it's the wrong time of year for the drive-ins...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd go for National Treasure. While slightly predictable it was an enjoyable film. Nothing heavy and not as long as Alexander.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Boon, that is great. I think I can guess how this evening will end, eh? It really doesn't matter what you see.

Um, mph, that is cheap.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun, Boon!

Ray was absorbing and utterly awesome, and Jamie Foxx should get an Oscar (he was that good), but it's kind of heavy for a date movie. Heroin addiction, affairs, deaths -- Dave and I loved it, but I was wiped out emotionally afterward.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a GREAT time, Boon! [Smile] Happy (early) anniversary! [The Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I am extremely cheap. It's one of my better qualities, and one that I hope I pass onto my children.

In college, a $5 date was an expensive date.

[ November 29, 2004, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts exactly, Sara, on both the Oscar and the feel of the movie.

My recommendation is that if you want to see a nice and slow, good Drama with a fair ammount of humor, go see Finding Neverland.

If you want an action movie along the lines of Indianna Jones, that truthfully was predictable, than National Treasure is a good choice.

If you want constant laughs with good ammount of Action, go see The Incredibles.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Sara...Ray was incredible, but it isn't just about his music, and it doesn't sugar coat is life.

Which is why it is one of the best movies I have seen in years.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

So... Boon... how did it go?

[Wink] FG

raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw National Treasure on saturday, and quite enjoyed it. It was much better than I had anticipated.
The Incredibles is another good one, maybe to take the kids to on a family outing?
Edit: Hi I didn't notice the time [Smile] And Happy Anniversary

[ November 30, 2004, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: raventh1 ]

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
We wound up not seeing a film, but that's okay. We had a nice dinner and then came home. The kids were in bed when we got here, so we snuggled up on the couch and pretended we were teenagers while an infomercial played in the background. Not sure which one though... [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
You definitely should have gone to see Kinsey. [Big Grin]
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

What sort of dinner? *wants all the details* [Wink]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
OOooOOOOOoooO!

Happy anniversary [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You definitely should have gone to see Kinsey.
[ROFL]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.