FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Revenge of the Turkeys

Author Topic: Revenge of the Turkeys
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [Evil Laugh] [ROFL]
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
It must suck if a loved one dies in an accident that can't help but make people laugh. :-\
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
What Ic said... but then, I'm not in a frame of mind that's really allowing me to appreciate sudden, unexpected deaths of other people. [Frown]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it...why is that funny? [Confused]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
It's more of an 'ironic' funny--humans kill off thousands of turkeys every holiday season, and this time it's as if the turkeys have had enough.

On a side note--turkeys are quite possibly the stupidest animals on the face of the earth: hundreds die each year from drowning in the rain (they look up at the rain with their mouths open)

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/turkey.htm
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Mayday is right, it's the irony that makes it funny. Nobody laughs about those people getting killed, but I can totally see someone laughing about the way it all happened.

This is like one time that our 'Communication' teacher showed us a commercial featuring French bald football players: you would get the view of a hairless haid from above, then the image rotated until you saw the face of the player and it would say: 60 mil. fans. Then, at the end, when it rotated there was the face of some guy nobody knew. And then they write: '<Name>: cancer patient. How many fans?' Almost all of the guys laughed while none of the girls did and the teacher was outraged. We explained to her that we're laughing because of the unexpected ending of the commercial, not because the guy had cancer!!! It was just an instant (and I'd say normal) reaction to the surprize! I'm still not sure if the producers hadn't actually thought of that possible reaction or even counted on it in order to make the commercial more memorable - it IS the only commercial I remember from all those that were presented, and this was 3 years ago!

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.