FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Showing off... Home Improvements

Author Topic: Showing off... Home Improvements
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
http://sjonesce.home.comcast.net/ajspictures/beforeandafter.htm

As I told fugu, don't critique the web design cause there isn't any. But if you want to see pictures of the home improvments I mention occasionally here on Hatrack, here's your chance.

We bought a fixer upper in June of 2003. Things got delayed a bit because I had an unlucky run of health problems. But we are back on track now and getting things accomplished.

The floor in the "Library" is made of bamboo, and we are probably going to put it throughout the rest of the house.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Really impressive.

Now I'm doubly upset I never got to see your place. Ah well, next time! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously you love putting in hardwood floors. It looks fantastic!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful, AJ. What a whole lot of hard work. Nice results!
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm impressed! Were the hardwood floors the traditional type or the snap-together composites?

They look so nice!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- slept in that room
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

The Computer room has snap together laminate that we were dissatisfied with and are going to change at a later date. The brand has since revised their product but we like the bamboo so much better that we are going to do that everywhere.

The Bamboo is tounge and groove and needs to be glued or nailed. We nailed it.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes -- I was just looking at your picture site linking from your live journal. You did a great job on that room. Both of those rooms are small, but lightening them up like you did really helped with the visual spaciousness.

I'm impressed.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool! [Smile] Wanna do my house next?
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

The bamboo actually has a really small "grain" from the way it is pressed together to make the boards, and that helped a lot in making the room look bigger too. Didn't realize it was going to create that illusion when we bought it though. We just thought it was the prettiest.

AJ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.