FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My teeth hurt.

Author Topic: My teeth hurt.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I don't get it. I've never had trouble with my teeth before, and if anything, my eating habits have gotten healthier since I moved here. But I strongly suspect I have at least one cavity, and possibly several. What, do you Americans put acid in whole-grain bread, or something? Don't fluorinate the water? Sugar in the milk?

*Reaches for tinfoil hat*

[Cry]

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm....I haven't had a cavity since I was a wee wittle kid. Now days the dentists can hardly tell that I smoke. But then again, I have gotten more picky about my hygeine these past few years.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww... ((KingofMen))

Where did you come from btw?

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news, KoM. There's sugar in ALL milk -- it's called lactose. As for fluoridated water, that varies from municipality to municipality.

Most likely, it has more to do with your age than anything else. I had NO cavities for years and years. About the time I turned twenty, my mouth became a disaster zone. [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The tinfoil hat is actually made of aluminum foil, which may relate to your problem.

Check with the dentist to see if you actually have cavities anyway, but if you don't...
...I suspect that the pain's cuz Americans tend to mill/dice/etc with aluminum cutters, mix with aluminum utensils in aluminum "bowl"s, cook on/in aluminum baking sheets/pots/etc, and wrap everything with aluminum.
Raw aluminum creates a chemical battery when in contact with darn near anything that isn't an insulator. So the problem may be an aluminum-induced electrical current running through the nerves of your teeth.

[ November 23, 2004, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Scary [Angst]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of scary, does this gunbattle have anything to do with the problems in your school's neighborhood.

[ November 23, 2004, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.