FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Magazine Suggestions

Author Topic: Magazine Suggestions
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
As evidenced by the Hatrack gift exchange, and my mother's not so subtle requests for a list, Christmas is just around the corner. And in brainstorming various things I might want or need it occurred to me that rather than asking for another novel, that I don't have room for in my luggage, I'd ask for a magazine subscription of the literary sort. It'd give me something new and interesting to read, and wouldn't take up shelf space that is needed for Webster. The problem is that I don't know what magazines are out there or how good they.

That's where Hatrack comes in. I know that you're a literary crowd, and you have the good taste to like at least one author I also like, so I'm asking your advice. A bit about my tastes, I enjoy most fiction, though sci-fi and fantasy a bit more than the rest. I'm not a fan, however of the harder sci-fi, and most of my exposure to it now is either YA or short story. I'm not opposed either to mainstream fiction, and I've heard the Atlantic Monthley is a good magazine, but I don't care much for modern poetry.

So, are there any suggestions for sci-fi magazines, or even really good mainstream fiction periodicals? If I get some names, I can look up reviews elsewhere, but I just don't know where to start. Thanks! [Big Grin]

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I really love the magazine of fantasy and science fiction.
here is their website:
http://www.sfsite.com/fsf/

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get Analog. I asked for it last Christmas, and while there is some good, the bad outweighs it. By a lot.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.