FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Please repeat after me:

Author Topic: Please repeat after me:
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
"No, ElJay, I don't think 12 party trays will fit in the passenger seat of your truck. Plus, those olives? They reek . The smell won't fade for days, hope you enjoy driving with the windows down in 26 degree weather. Oh, and if you ignore me and try it anyway? Remember to downshift before the corners, you're going to be busy steadying the pile on your way around."

Okay, now remember that, and next time I get a stupid idea like this into my head I'll ask first, and y'all can tell me not to do it. Thanks!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
They fell, then? Olive them? *looks innocent*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I've done things like that.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

It wasn't as bad as when I crammed 20 helium-filled mylar balloons in there.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, what? I could hardly fit in the passenger seat of that truck!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I've done stuff like that too.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

The party trays didn't object to stacking as much as you did, Ryuko.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
But I'll bet she smelled better than the olives did.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I should hope so. :/ And was that a dis on my whininess? You're MEAN! [Cry] I'm telling dkw!!! [Cry]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Well I wasn't going to say anything about that... [Wink]

(That's what I get for leaving the reply screen up 10 minutes.)

[ November 12, 2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
No, ElJay, I don't think 12 party trays will fit in the passenger seat of your truck. Plus, those olives? They reek . The smell won't fade for days, hope you enjoy driving with the windows down in 26 degree weather. Oh, and if you ignore me and try it anyway? Remember to downshift before the corners, you're going to be busy steadying the pile on your way around.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
You're a good friend, twink, telling her all that.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Aren't I? Yeah. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Grumble] See, but I already did it today. You're supposed to wait until I decide to try it again, and then tell me not to.

(Edit: Not that I don't appreciate it, of course. [Razz] )

[ November 12, 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

[Smile]
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The party trays didn't object to stacking as much as you did, Ryuko.
[ROFL]
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
ELJay, how about this...Ill just post a link to hree, so you can see it in your own words.

Ok?

[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
he smell won't fade for days, hope you enjoy driving with the windows down in 26 degree weather
One word, Febreeze. The stuff actually works. I had a car that smelled so horrendously of bad perfume when I bought it that I sneezed most of the way home. Spritzed the car over with Febreeze and away went the smell. I was amazed.
:goes to the mailbox to look for his endorsement check:

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
One better word: develop-a-cold. If your nose is stuffed up, you can't smell anything unpleasant.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Actually, the olive-reek didn't linger. Which is good, 'cause I hate olives. I also hate the smell of Febreeze, which kinda ruins it for me.

Now, when I had to pick up an ungodly number of pizzas last winter, then my truck really did smell like greasy cardboard for about two weeks. Awful. Plus the heat from the pizzas steamed the windows completely and I had to drive with both windows down and the rear slider open just to keep the windshield clear. Glad it was only a few blocks, it was in February.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.