FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chick parody

Author Topic: Chick parody
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
It may be a touch redundant, since comrade Chick's tracts read like self-parodies anyway. But I thought this was rather funny.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. That's almost as preachy and self-serving as a chick tract is. I liked TomD's parody much better. Anyone have a link to that??
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm a fan of Ralphie's parodies. Not that Tom's wasn't good (I forget, did he do more than one?), but Ralphie just turned out one side splitter after another there for a while.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
*nod*

This is as bad as any Chick tract.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

AH HAH!

Link a-found!!

Tom's parody

A thread of hatrack parodies

Ralphie's links are on there, but it looks like she's taken the images down...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
What's too bad is its science is pretty sound -- the notions chick attempts to use to reject evolution are ridiculous, and the reasons there are some of the reasons why.

If it had conveyed the science without being so preachy it would've been very good.

[ November 06, 2004, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: fugu13 ]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. This guy's on a crusade not too different from Jack's. [Roll Eyes]

I read the whole thing though. The science seems pretty good, but the horrible diatribe at the end destorys anything he might have hoped to accomplish.

I nominate the chick faire for Annie's next Photoshop Phriday contest. [Big Grin]

[ November 06, 2004, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

(sigh) I'm so sick of thinking about religion... sick of being indecisive and trying to divine what God would approve and thinking about what I'm doing wrong. If I even am doing anything wrong. I'm gonna go read a book. [Frown]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The arguments he makes against Christianity at the end are as week as the arguments Chick makes against evolution. Each shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the thing being "debunked."

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want, I could repost the MST3k Chick parodies I did.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!!

[edit: um, that's for Mac]

[ November 07, 2004, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: plaid ]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure plaid was refering to your parodies, Ralphie. And I agree.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

edit to query: Mac?

[ November 07, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

The Party Girl

Bad Bob!

The Death Cookie

(As I stated in previous disclaimers, there are typos and misspelt names that I just never got around to correcting. Sorry.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And then Jack Chick subjected his tracts upon the world. This was known as transub-torture-ation
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]

These are priceless...

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
My personal fave is the "Death Cookie" strip. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
"Death Cookie". Oh man, that was awesome!
[ROFL]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Big Grin] Thanks, Ralphie lady! [Big Grin]
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but who's Jack Chick?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Chick

This paragraph pretty much sums it up:
quote:
Chick is highly controversial. Many of his tracts are strongly critical of homosexuals, Catholics, Muslims, Mormons, Freemasons and other groups. He quotes people who have since been discredited or whose claims are not widely accepted. Among his claims are that the Roman Catholic Church is anti-Christian and in league with Satan, Islam is a pagan lunar cult, that the Vatican has a computer that contains the names of all Protestants in the world, that Freemasonry, the New Age Movement, Club of Rome, Council on Foreign Relations, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses and many others are in league with the Catholic Church, that the Vatican was behind the Jonestown Massacre, rock music was started by witches in Satan's service and that the United Nations is a tool of Satan and of the Pope.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, those are too funny for words!!

I only got 1/2 way through Tom's before it got all small on me.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Mac? Um, yeah, I meant Ralphie. Eep, must've gotten the hot jatraqueras with masculine names mixed up...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

romany: hold the cursor on it until a box pops up with arrows coming out of it. Click there and it'll go back to normal.

Joldo: www.chick.com is the site, I think. Read the tracts with a mind open to the fact that not all christians think the way he does. [Smile]

Joldo
Member # 6991

Well. After being linked by Wikipedia to Chick's site and reading some of the tracts, I must say, some of his points are true: whenever I kiss another guy, the demons on our shoulders most definitely kiss too.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
I must say, some of his points are true: whenever I kiss another guy, the demons on our shoulders most definitely kiss too.
New favorite newbie.

That was easy.

Joldo
Member # 6991

Yay! I'm Ralphie's favorite newbie!

Does this mean I have any special duties to perform?

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*snickers*
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks sm--That is so darn funny, Tom!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Joldo, yes you do.

Just keep repeating the fact that she has amasculine name and you might even get to enjoy some of them too.... [Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Kwea, the penalty for making dirty innuendos about me is reading my parodies and telling me how brilliant I am.

[ November 09, 2004, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, lord, Ralphie. I never saw the Death Cookie MSTing before. That was awesome.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I read that for the first time too. That was flippin' hilarious.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to see this again.

Never gets old.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey, anyone else following the sub-plot with the cheese? It's fascinating.
[Big Grin]

Ralphie, Queen and Goddess of the Parody.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.