FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Peloton: A nice student run newspaper website!

Author Topic: The Peloton: A nice student run newspaper website!
Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

- posted      Profile for Landon F. Squire   Email Landon F. Squire         Edit/Delete Post 
www.geocities.com/thepeloton

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know about a project that me and my friend just swirled together. It is a website that will be in a newspaper format with just some fun articles to read and soon with a sports page with funny insite from different college students around utah (so far) and we would love for other people to come state opinions on the opinion page and submit articles to be put on the paper. If you could just take a look and pass a long the word, that would be wonderful. The purpose is just to have a fun literature based site with great newspaper writings and fun discusions etc. So please check out www.geocities.com/thepeloton

[ October 20, 2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Landon F. Squire ]

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Your link should read "peloton," not "pelton."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Is your webpage meant to look like that? With all the hard to read, overlapping text, and the .gifs that overwrite everything?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

- posted      Profile for Landon F. Squire   Email Landon F. Squire         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you. It is fixed. It is best viewed with the newest internet explorer, we have not yet configured it for other browsers etc.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it "peleton"?

But I think it's a neat idea. I like the old-fashioned feel of the graphics and text.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

No, it is Peloton. The name for the site was inspired by the livestrong wristbands from lance armstrong. great thing he is doing. (opinion page is on page 5)

[ October 20, 2004, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Landon F. Squire ]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. How about that. I get a bazillion hits for both spellings in Google, but sure enough, only peloton shows up in my French dictionary.

Considering how the first time I heard the word was in Hobbes' explanation of the Tour de France, I don't feel so bad. But you have just had the immense satisfaction of catching a grammar nazi. [Wink]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

I will consider it a great honor.
Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

Sports Page Up, still working on things to perfection, please check it out and leave something on the opinion page!

Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

New updates for sports page, incredible stuff! New comic, archive is the greatest writing ever! Come leave your opinions and read some enjoyable writing! Make coments on BYU and other sports! Happy Halloween everyone, from The Peloton!

[Hat]

Landon F. Squire
Member # 6841

Political Edition Up!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
:sniff: If I can't look at it properly in Firefox, I simply don't look at it!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.