FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXII: Leaf me alone

Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXII: Leaf me alone
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
A pun for all seasons. Winter, spring, summer and fall. We're raking in puns. It doesn't matter weather you post now or later, as long as you give all parts of the year their equal knocks.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not much of a punster, but I hope someon uses "The winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this son of York".

My Grandfather once saw a sign that read something akin to: "The discount of our winter tents ..." and it went on with something else very clever that now compeltely alludes me. Stupid memory. [Grumble]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
snow big deal.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I don't come off as a flake, but I'm afraid I'm not quite catching your drift Hobbes. Maybe if you could remember more of it?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's time to spring into action. I don't want to fall by the wayside. Summer say that these puns are too easy but you never know, they might winter biggest prize.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,
What precipitated this thread content?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

The following is a true story, the names have been changed to protect the (innocent?). I've got a lady friend that is a bartender. One day when I visited her establishment she informed me that she was taking on an alias. She said that strippers did it and she thought it was kinda cool. She was quite proud of her new nome de'plume, Snow. I told her I preferred blizzard. When she asked why I replied, "Because Blizzard is Snow that blows hard." She was quite amused and reminds me every now and then that it was her favorite pun.

[ October 16, 2004, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I'm forecasting that we get flurry of flakes posting in this thread. Soon we will be knee-deep in whether or not puns. This accumulation will make it difficult to plow through the thread.

[ October 16, 2004, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am getting so sick of telemarkers calling my house. The world is going downhill, I tell you.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You need to chill about those telemarkers, Liz. Migrate aunt used to work for one.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

It was around this time of year when the first two brothers got in an argument. Abel's last words were "Hurry, Cain." Then he got blown away. It was a great sacrifice, of course, but it ultimately resulted in Cain's marking and expulsion. Furthermore, he had to wear a distinctive garment -- a sleaveless tunic with the note "ridicule me" pinned to the back. Yep, it was the har vest.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

My doctor diagnosed me with Seasonal Affective Disorder. She said I'd feel blossom in the Winter.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Whenever I have heartburn, and I swallow my antacid, I always sigh and say, Ahh, Tum!
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Whenever we raked leaves, we always had our Irish cousin help with bagging them.

"Who'll put these leaves in the bag?" someone would ask.

"Clora'll fill them," I'd answer.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

And Clora would turn all sorts of shades and decline. Basically, she was way too old to be doing this. And besides she had a catheter and that just makes it difficult to bend over all the time. Yep, she'd reached the Foley age.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Really? We were French, so my grandfather always did the raking. We would say, "Don't worry, Pere Ennie'll rake them!"

[ October 16, 2004, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

My french friends had a special car they would use only in winter. It was a hivercraft.

[ October 16, 2004, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Bob, you sleigh me!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

[ROFL] Dag
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine had a neutered bull that he had trained from its youth to be ridden like a horse.

He called it an Equine -Ox.

He said it equaled anything he'd ridden before, but I said the difference must be night and day.

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Let me guess, he'd ride it for exactly 12 hours at a time, right?

Remind's me of the mafia don who had a girlfriend who wouldn't sleep with him. Finally Sal's tease gave in, which heralded the onsite of long nights.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I went to the far north to follow my dream of being in the Guinness book of world records for worlds largest ice sculpture. If you'd care to see my entry, it's on page 273 under the heading "Snow man is an island."
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

While lounging around the ruins of ancient architecture, visitors to Rome are often plagued by ticks. They are of a type indigenous to this part of Europe, and are know as the Arch Tick. An even rarer variety of insect, some sort of parasitic beetle, feeds only on Arch Ticks, and is known as the Anti-Arch Tick.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I was surprised to find out that they've invented a season for all of us who complain about the Christmas sales being too early in the year. Ad vent!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Bob, sounds like you need some manger management training.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hay! Now you're grasping at straws. I think this thread is spinning out of control. We should put a warning label on it:

Caution! May gyrate!

punwit
Member # 6388

May Day! May Day! Thread in distress!
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
There are a LOT of threads in This Dress.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Before this gets squashed, we should all remember what a gourd thread it was. I myself was reminded of this while inflating my sister's Air Jordans. Yes, it's good to pump kin.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who stutters a bit.

He says things like, "Well, we aut--umm. er. I mean uh, the race, er, some-er-ah want to be the you know win-ter um."

If feels like it takes him three months to get a sentence out.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

It seems like I'm always vine with Dagonee on these threads(well, many others too).
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Quit wining. Every four years around this time, it's the same thing from you! Boo Hoo Jolly New Vote.

(oh well, that wasn't very good, but it was at least seasonal).

Dagonee
Member # 5818

We studied arrests in criminal procedure today and did a hypothetical about Gore getting arrested.

Siezin' Al law just isn't that interesting.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Darn it all! My son keeps peeing all over the floor! How can I get him to use diurnal???
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I crossed a horse with an ox. I got an Equine-ox, twice a year.

I knew these hippies who named one kid Summer and one kid Spring. When ever they see each other its Seasons Greetings.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Discount Tent For Hobbes -- I didn't make it, just found it on the Internet and have long since forgotten who actually made it.

But I guess now, it's a well-seasoned image.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Is it true that McCormack was a man for all seasonings?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

McCormick's favorite holiday was Halloween - he dressed as Death. McCormick's Reaper was famous.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.