FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jack and Bobby

Author Topic: Jack and Bobby
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone watched this show?
I am not sure if I like it or not...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched part of the pilot when AOL was previewing it a couple weeks ago. Within 10 minutes I had already decided that Bobby was the one who grew up to be president, that I really really disliked the mother, who came across to me as overly controllin and manipulative, and felt slightly sorry for Jack who obviously was forced into a constant "take care of your brother" position. And from the "interview" sessions between flashbacks, it was fairly apparent that even as adults, Jack was still taking care of Bobby at pretty much every turn.

Most of the time our television is used for watching pre-recorded videos because I just haven't gotten into much that's being broadcast anymore. Plus I like not having to wait through commercial breaks or miss part of the show because I'm channelsurfing. =)

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't they supposed to be John and Robert Kennedy?
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I loathe the mother. From all the flash forwards it looks like Bobby did whatever he could to piss her off. I don't blame him. I would too.

I get a bit irked by the presumtion in it. With the opening montage of "past" presidents, they have a shot of Kerry. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Actually, they're Jack and Robert McKallister. It's weird, believe me.

[ October 03, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
The alleged presidency doesn't happen until 20-something, so the series is set "now."

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The billboards say "In 2036 (I think), one of them will be President". I got the feeling they were trying to allude to the Kennedy's in some way, but it's definitely not a flat history of two real men.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't impressed in the first three episodes. I don't think the plot can go very far. Tonight during that time slot, I watched desperate housewives, it was pretty good reminded me of the lovely bones.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly the show seems to be whacked out hyper liberal mom vs. her sons who just want to be normal and average.
As a person who doesn't really know what normal and average is, I just don't get it.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
The show isn't the perfect drama, but let's face it, what else can we expect from the WB?
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
besides Gilmore Girls?????
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.