FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vacation

Author Topic: Vacation
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that you'd miss me, but....

Just wanted everyone to know that after I sign off at work here at 4:30 today, I'm off work for two weeks, so probably won't post much.

In fact, I'm going to try to take Annie's advice [Hat] and see how long I can stay away from most major technology (computer, cell phone, etc). Since I will be on "security lock-out" at work, that means I can't check work e-mail from home either (all the better!) I really need to un-hook for awhile, since my work is technology, technology, technology.

I will use my first week of vacation to just STAY HOME and get the place ready for winter -- plastic on windows, straw bales around the foundation (heck, I could probably buy enough straw bales to stack up the entire north and west sides of the house up to the roof and still not spend as much as I will spend on propane heating gas). Till the garden under and mulch/manure it for next year; hit everything with the mower one more time before first freeze, get machines ready for winter, etc.

The less time I spend at the computer on my "home" week, the better.

The second week, I will be in Chicago for work training, for visiting my sister, and for visiting BannaOJ and GoodyS while there (I hope).

So may not be back until the 18th.

(but you're still stuck with me for the rest of today)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Relax, have fun, enjoy yourself and the fresh fall air.
See you when you get back! [Wave]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Vacation in the fall is awesome! I love this time of year! Have fun - don't work too hard! [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Oooooo! The next debate is during my vacation??? [Confused] Okay, I might have to bend my no-TV rule, then.

(which doesn't go into effect until after Medical Investigations is over tonight anyway)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Have fun! If you have time, you should do walking tours of the ethnic neighborhoods.

I wish I were in Chicago in the fall! *pines*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not that you'd miss me, but....
[Roll Eyes]

I'm sorry, Farmgirl, were you under the impression that you hadn't become a fixture of Hatrack?

I'm glad you let us know what you were going to be up to. I hope your tech-free working vacation is relaxing, and that you get your house nice and insulated. That reminds me--I need to do some weather-proofing at my place as well.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Oh Noemon -- I'm going to miss our very early morning (7 AM) thread exchanges -- some days you and I are the only ones posting at that hour.
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] Well, barring my workplace's smart filter catching on to hatrack and blocking it, I'll still be here when you get back. But yeah, I'll miss that too.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good trip. Be safe. Have fun.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
have fun... lots of Frank Lloyd Wright houses around Chicago, see some if you can...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The second week, I will be in Chicago for work training, for visiting my sister, and for visiting BannaOJ and GoodyS while there (I hope).

*cough*

There are others living around Chicago too!

Hmmm...

Maybe you just want to see the cool people in Chicago. Harumph.

[Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Sorry Stephen! I wasn't sure if you were actually in Chicago proper or one of the outlying areas! I'll put you on my list! I think AJ knows how to get ahold of you, and can let me know while I'm there
(boy, this is a lot to fit into that week!)

I would love to see you and Diane again.

Farmgirl

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun storming the country!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

[Big Grin]

Cool, Farmgirl! I think you're talking about the week I'll actually be in town.

Hopefully we can work something out.

In any case, have fun!

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Hey, FarmGirl, send me an email and let me know when you're going to be headed to Chicago, and what your schedule will be like while you're there. A road trip may be in order.

[ October 01, 2004, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
grin other than e-mail I *don't* know how to get ahold of sndrake, which is pretty amusing considering everything.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

To your Yahoo address? I thought you can't get that anymore..
sndrake
Member # 4941

Farmgirl,

just sent you my phone numbers via email.

*just realized that the usual crowd in Chicago isn't enough to get Noemon here. We have to import coolness from elsewhere. More harumphs.*

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

[ROFL] Got your e-mail, btw, too. Thanks!
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a nice vacation, Farmgirl! Remember to relax between all those chores you have planned.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
What, no landmark? [Wave]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*cough*

There are others living around Chicago too!

Hmmm...

Maybe you just want to see the cool people in Chicago. Harumph.

Ooooh I'm now one of the COOL people!!! I love it!!!

by the way, I think we need to go to Billy Goat's for lunch! Cheezborger cheezborger no fries cheeps!!!

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.