FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Scavenger Hunt Help

Author Topic: Scavenger Hunt Help
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so my fiancee's birthday is coming up fast (Friday), and for his birthday, I'm planning a scavenger hunt for him to find out that I've planned out our wedding. That may sound aweful, but I assure all of you that Rick has had two years worth of input as to what he would like while we've been engaged, and he's the one who's been bugging me lately as to when it's all going to happen.

My problem is that I've come upon a shortage of people to help in my scavenger hunt, as my fiancee and I tend to be hermits. My family all lives pretty far out of the city, and I'm not certain that even if they were part of the scavenger hunt that Rick would be able to locate them. I need him to be gone doing this from about 5 in the evening until 7:45 at night, which is when I'll be home.

Now, the best part of all of this is the last three stops for him that I have planned. The third to last person will by my Dad and his fiancee at my Dad's place. My Dad will have the note to go back home with a clue of...believe it or not, a rail-road spike (I'll explain in a moment). When Rick leaves to come home, my Dad will call me to let me know that Rick is on his way. I will have taped up the final message to the door of our apartment (this is so that I, inside the apartment, will know that he's back home). This next to last message will tell him to go back into his car and to open up the (rather thick) owner's manual, where he will find an invite to his own wedding, and a detailed description of everything that I've planned.

...it will also state that all clues as to what I've been doing that were given prior are to be discarded, as they had nothing really to do with what I've been planning other than to throw him off track. I think so far the people I have helping me have chosen the rail-road spike, a horse-shoe, a shot-glass, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. as clues.

Any suggestions as to what I should do to keep Rick busy for two hours? The end of the wild-goose-chase won't take very long, I'm afraid, but perhaps there are ways to extend out the rest of the scavenger hunt?

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] [Confused]

Could you explain that one more time?

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! This is a cool idea!

I don't know about scavenger's hunts very much -- but my kids just did one for a friend's birthday party, and it was sure a lot of fun -- going place to place to pick up clues.

So you're starting at the end and kind of working backward, is that what you're saying? And you are having a hard time including ENOUGH stops to fill the whole two hours? (Must not be a metro area -- or it would take two hours just to get BETWEEN some of the stops in some cities).

Can the stop with your Dad be prolonged some? Like he has to complete some activity with your dad before he gets the next clue? It is hard to tell by your post how many stops you already have -- how long is it when you have tested out the route?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, considering one of your clues is a shot glass... [Evil]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
At my Dad's place, he's going to have to watch the first episode of Fraggle Rock before getting the clue. My Dad's going to tell him that the clue is in the show so he actually watches it, and then will pull the sheet of paper with the location of the next clue out from his pocket and hand him the railroad spike.

That's something like how all of the stops will go. So far I have 6 stops confirmed, but I only have 2 tasks for him to do at the stops. I am working backwards on this though, I know how it is supposed to end, but since not everything is confirmed yet it's hard to say how long it's going to take him to go through it all.

Oh, and I decided today that the colors are going to be wine and gold.

[ September 28, 2004, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: BelladonnaOrchid ]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.