FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » so how are my fellow floridian's doing?

Author Topic: so how are my fellow floridian's doing?
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
It is windy and rainy here in Gainesville...but I have not had any real problems. kaioshin00, have you lost power? Mine flickered a bit...but it has not gone out.

My parents also live in central FL...their screened in porch got messed up when parts of their neighbor's roof went through the screen. Fixing it will be an annoying expence...but it is much better than their neighbors' who lost part of their roof.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Here in south Florida, we have had a lot of wind and rain as the hurricane's bands move through - we were stuck in synagogue all day Yom Kippur, as a result, instead of going home for the break in prayers, as we usually do. Last night, when the holiday ended, we drove home.

The lights kept flickering on and off all day and evening, and finally went out for a couple hours in the middle of the night.

This morning when we looked out our window, we saw that a tree went down in the yard, its roots tired, apparently, of holding onto the soggy soil. Fortunately, it damaged nothing except an old disused basketball net.

Hope everyone else is ok!!!

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep safe, you guys.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of rain, lots of flooding, lots of wind, no immediate damage. Been at work since last night, updating our site, but word from my neighborhood says we still have power. Here's hoping...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems just like Charley so far. Seems to have hit the county pretty hard (I'll know better later) but us not at all. Again, we never lost power. We didn't even permanently lose satellite. I was on AIM through the whole thing.

(Of course, we're still getting some tropical storm force gusts, but the worst definitely seems to be over.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Lupus we lost power most of yesterday ... What part of town did you say you lived in again?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I live near SW rec center

I did end up loosing power for around 12 hours or so...but no real damage was done

[ September 28, 2004, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Lupus ]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad Gators! Campus police caught some of you trying to urinate on Doak Campbell Stadium's field. [No No]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
when you gotta go...you gotta go
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
And what were they doing in Tallahassee, those vandals.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

[Laugh] NFL- You go to FSU?

heh, j/k. It's a good school.

Seriously.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Friends don't let friends go to Florida State.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Watch out, you guys. [No No]

I went to FSU. [Taunt]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Storm, you do realize we have the same shirts making fun of UF right?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Watch out, you guys. [No No]

Don't go to FSU. [Taunt]

Ela
Member # 1365

Pfffttt. [Roll Eyes]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Better than urinating on football fields. [Razz]
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Toilet...FSU football field...whats the difference?

j/k
[Smile]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Its a football field, not our trademark Wescott Fountain. Peeing on its just stupid. Gator-like.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Better yet, the fact that you can't tell the difference proves my point. [Taunt]
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Actually, I think the fact that you can't tell the difference proves something else [Wink]

Ok, can we stop the hating?

Hi Newfoundlogic, I'm kaioshin00. What are you majoring in? [Wave]

[ September 28, 2004, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: kaioshin00 ]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Stop hating UF, never! [Wink]

Doubling in history and poli sci.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

Haha, you guys at FSU are more bitter cause everyone here got in at FSU but chose to come to UF [Smile] .

Political science and history eh? I see they don't teach politeness in politics =P

Oh wait, it was me who started this......

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

But do you have an Antartic marine geology research facility? Besides FSU has better poli sci than UF.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

quote:
But do you have an Antartic marine geology research facility?
No, and we don't have a clown school either [Taunt]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

You're just jealous because we have the only college traveling circus. And we have Burt Reynolds.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

mmmhmm.. That's it...

And I've had enough of this bickering!

So I will hail NFL, a student from FSU, for his wit, humor, and knowledge in the fields of political science and history.

[Hail]

Seriously.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

[Hat]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.