FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Movies Galore!

Author Topic: Movies Galore!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yessss! At last its time for Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival 2004! For the next two weeks I'll be watching manymanymany good movies from all over the world!

quote:
sections

The multiple forms and trends of world cinema

Current days, memories and great expectations for this year's 17 programs

Once upon a time there were the classics...

Retrospectives pay tribute to Peter Davis and Sergio Leone

Expected debuts from all ages

Most films are by young European directors

South Africa exhibits its liberty: This year, the country receives a special tribute while celebrating 10 years of freedom and democracy, showing the world its brand new audiovisual production.

Adieu, Blockbuster! Move on, Multiplex! It's Film Fest time!

There'll also be a lot new Brazilian movies and the awesome chinese "Hero" (*dances the happy dance).
I have 12 tickets already! Yay me!

[The Wave]

(*now, beginning mental preparation to almost live in movie theaters for days)

I love going to such festivals because I'm able to watch many movies that are difficult to find otherwise. There are any Hatrackers who also like Film Festivals?

[ September 23, 2004, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun! It sounds like it should be.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, lucky, I want to go to a film festival. I was once at an anime one, but I believe i only saw one movie which was Cowboy Bebop-Knocking on Heaven's Door.
Plus Yoko Kanno was there.
It was heaven even though the film was dubbed.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yoko Kanno went to "Anime Fest", in São Paulo (Brazil's biggest city). I went there, and had a blast! Anime festivals are also very nice. [Smile]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinkin about scootin' down to the film festival in Savannah this year, but none of my idiot friends want to go. Alas, if it isn't a sporting event, nobody will take the trouble.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Apostle, I know how it is. Once I wanted to go to a Film Festival in the city of Granado (also in Brazil, but 18 h. from Rio). None of my friends wanted to go with me. Some of these friends already traveled to Argentina and Uruguai to watch soccer matches.

Go figure.

prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we can go six hours to see a football game but not 2 hours to see a movie festival. GRRR.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Although from the 9th to the 18th there were movies all around me at the Toronto International Film Festival (at a theatre a minute walking from my door, even!)0, I was too poor to go.

Next year! Near Year!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Every spring we have the Wisconsin Film Festival. I get to go for free (okay, so I volunteer. Same difference.). It's fun. Ebert was here the past few years. I like movies a lot.

Wow, I think my brain has dried up for the day. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.