FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Liam Neeson is, like, really hot for an old guy

Author Topic: Liam Neeson is, like, really hot for an old guy
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinsey Trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=mf_frame&id=1808468330&mspid=1808595919&mfurl=http://mediaframe.yahoo.com/launch?lid=wmv-56-p.1286780-133247,wmv-100-p.1286781-133247,wmv-300-p .

And I really like that Peter Saars-a-whatsis, too.

Too bad I'll never get Ron within a mile of this movie. At least it doesn't have Ewan McGregor-- then I'd never get him within TWO miles of it. *sigh*

[ September 22, 2004, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend (18) who's obssesed with Liam Neeson, and has been since Love Actually. Personally I don't see it- nice looking but old. Just to let you know you're not alone.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Liam Neeson is the sexiest man alive. there was one movie where he was a boxer. It was of his earliest films. I was obsessed for a long time, but then I became obsessed with the chubby, balding lead singer of my favorite band. Now, I am sans obsession, but this Liam thread could bring it all back.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Liam Neeson is quite nice to look at. I discovered him way back in 1984 when he guest-starred on an episode of "Miami Vice".

However, can we go easy on throwing around the "o" word (old)? I mean, he's only four years older than I am. Sheesh.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Very, very good point, LMA.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Liam Neeson is good looking.
I keep getting platonic little crushes on 40 year old men like Johnny Depp and Dmitri Hvorostovsky for some reason...
But they are just so... cute... which is not quite the right word for men old enough to be my dad.

[ September 22, 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

- posted      Profile for Jess N           Edit/Delete Post 
Cute and Liam Neeson---somehow that doesn't fully describe this man. Sexy is the word, I believe. [Big Grin]
Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought he was rather dishy.
Now I feel like watching Lamb and Children of a Lesser God again.
He was in Kiss of the Spider woman, right?
That movie is amazingly sad...
Still, I can't help thinking Johnny Depp is sexier...
He keeps making me blush. [Blushing]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I don't remember him in Children of a Lesser God Or Kiss of the Spider Woman. I think both of those had William?John? Hurt. I canna remember.

My sister went all nuts for him after Phantom Menace. I understand that, since he was like the only one in the movie that was halfway interesting.

Loved him in Schindler's List, Rob Roy, Love Actually, etc. He's tall. I don't usually go for tall, but he also has a great voice and really nice lips.

Okay, I was joking when I called him 'old'. I dunno how old he is, but at 35 I assume I am not qualified to call him 'old'.

VOICE.... Oh, yeah. He did the narration for the IMAX Everest Movie. People losing toes to frostbite never sounded so sexay. *giggle*

He's got that big, blocky Irish noggin, and he slouches (he's like 6'6") but he has a certain charm.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[Blushing]
How embarassing
I got him mixed up with someone else.
But, I do want to see Ethan Frome again and Nell, but I kept wishing those people would leave her alone...

Irish accents are soooooo sexy...
And so are Russian ones...

[ September 22, 2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he is Qui-Gon . . .
Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vera
Member # 2094

- posted      Profile for Vera   Email Vera         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to watch "Michael Collins" just revel in Liam Neeson's Irishness. [Big Grin]
Posts: 96 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

Synethesia:

Johnny is sexy in a different way. He's "bad-boy" sexy. Liam is "celtic sexy." I've never seen any man look so delicious in a kilt--and I've seen plenty of fine looking Scotsmen in my time.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Irish accents are soooooo sexy...
And so are Russian ones...

Hoo baby.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess N
Member # 6744

Oh yeah---Irish--ah! I'm drawn to his gentleness---he seems so---gentle...
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, yeah. He is.

And btw, not only is Ewan McGregor one of the two or so actors I'll actually permit myself to swoon over, but my best friend (other than Shira) is a guy, and he loves him too. He's his idol, singing-wise, acting-wise, and hot-wise. He wants to be just like him!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Ethan Frome"

Oh Lordy Lou, that kiss in the upstairs bedroom. Thank you. Now, when teaching fifth graders all day, I will be thinking of THAT.

The thing about having crushes on older men is this. When you yourself get older, and are married to someone you would have considered older when you were twenty, all of a sudden all the guys your age and older are totally hot. Which is a good thing. I am not so sure this is how men feel about aging women, though.

(Hey, I know there was a thread about this recently...)

Olivetta
Member # 6456

Raia- My Beloved looked a lot like Ewan McGregor once upon a time, so he kind of reminds me of Ron. Which has a lot to do with why I like him.

But after Ron and I saw Pillow Book (Ewan is nakey in most of it) he began to mistrust my admiration of the man. He now calls him "Weinie McGregor" and gets all miffed if I want to see somthing with him in it. I would assume he was intimidated by the guy's assets, if I didn't know better. But anyway...

Elizabeth-- Ethan Frome... Guh. When he crawled over and pulled her needlework to his face, I thought I'd die. And yeah, he does seem gentle. Big and gentle and mmrRROWrrr.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Blocky Irish noggin?

o_O

*checks noggin*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Come on, how can you think of any other actor when Alan Rickman is on the screen ? (I speak about Love Actually)
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Alan Rickman is nummy, but he and Liam weren't on screen at the same time. And he was all handsome and grief-y.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

None of those guys, to my knowledge sing baritone.
Gah! It is so embarassing to have an increasing crush on a random Russian baritone. [Blushing]

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Liam is gorgeous!

I suppose this would be the perfect place to note my latest crush...Eric Stromer.

I've got it bad for this handy man.

*clean sweep*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen Krull lately? Liam Neeson's in that too.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I saw Krull when I was a kid. I remember really liking the bearded guy, the hero. But, yeah, I vaguely remember a big lanky guy in the group.

He was also in High Spirits. As one of the Ghosts, I think. A sexy ghost. He was also a homeless man accused of murder in some Cher movie. Lots of bad movies in his filmography. Lots of movies, period.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Olivia,
Did you ever see the Liam Neeson movie(very early Liam)when he was a boxer in Ireland?

As you so eloquently put it...mmrRROWrrr.

And yes, the big and gentle thing goes a long way. I think I fell forever in love with my husband when I saw him holding and petting a kitten. Oh, my. Fast forward to him holding our babies, and I am completely done in by the thought alone.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I just looked it up. The movie of which I speak is called "Big Man." Ahem.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

*Meep*

Must find this movie...

Netflix doesn't have it! [Frown]

[ September 23, 2004, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Olivia,
Darned if I can remember why i even saw it. It was either on tv, or it was on one of those funky independent film stations which we had at one time. it might have been that, now that I think of it. You could try a video store that rents off-beat films.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Wait!!

"Also Known As:
Crossing the Line (1991) (USA)"

Try that in Netflix instead!

Edit:
"User Comments: Liam Neeson is a raging bull."

hee hee.

[ September 23, 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Liam is yummy or anything, but the first movie I ever saw him in was that one where he had some kind of lab accident that gave him powers and his whole face was covered by bandages.... Can't remember the name of it and it's driving me nuts.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
"Darkman".

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Yeah!
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

That's why it was kind of shocking for Neeson to be in Schindler's List for many people. He went from Darkman to Schindler's List? Ooooo.k.
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Okay, Elizabeth! They have that one, and it is now in my queue.

Guys, guys! Darkman may have been his first lead role, but it wasn't his only movie before Schindler's List.

quote:
Irish-born Neeson worked as a forklift operator for Guinness, truck driver, assistant architect and an amateur boxer. He had originally sought a career as a teacher by attending St. Mary's Teaching College in Belfast. However, in 1976, Neeson joined the Belfast Lyric Players' Theater and made his professional acting debut in the play "The Risen People". After two years, Neeson moved to Dublin's Abbey Theater where he performed the classics. It was here that he was spotted by director John Boorman and was cast in the film Excalibur (1981), which dealt with the Arthurian legend. From there, he acted in a number of average films and Television Mini-series until he gained notice for his role as the mute in Suspect (1987). Neeson did not play the lead in a movie until he appeared in Darkman (1990). Good performances in Leap of Faith (1992) and Husbands and Wives (1992) led to Neeson being picked for the role of Oskar Schindler in Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List (1993). For this role, Neeson was nominated for the Academy Award and the Golden Globe. In 1993, he made his Broadway debut in "Anna Christie" in which he co-starred with Natasha Richardson. For his role in this play, Neeson was nominated for a Tony. When he returned to the big screen, Neeson again co-starred with Richardson in the Jodie Foster movie Nell (1994). In the next 2 years, Neeson played characters close to his roots when he was the eighteenth century Scottish Highlander Rob Roy (1995) and the Irish revolutionary leader Michael Collins (1996).
Gacked from IMDB
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Wow, O,
They did not even mentione "The Big Man," a.k.a. "Crossing the Line."
Why do you think? Because it wasn"t an American movie? It was actually a pretty good movie.

UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I think Neeson is all that good-looking, but any mention of his better film credits should really include The Mission. He is a supporting actor, not the star (that goes to Jeremy Irons and Robert DeNiro), but he has a lot of scenes, and is quite heroic.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.