FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You're All Going to Hell

Author Topic: You're All Going to Hell
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
ESPECIALLY you.

That is all.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Dante should know, being a visitor there.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in good company then.

Although Karl might have to give up his first-class seat in a minute. Or two. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought that the people make the place what it is, so if we're all going to Hell it will be pretty much the status quo, no?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Hell is pretty much like this, except Hatrack is down.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
"You're gonna be a long time in purgatory, you are."

"I'll be among friends."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, for all the talk I've heard about how people would be happy in Hell because everyone they really like would be there too, I have to say, when it's 2,000 degrees C and I'm supposed to be cracking rocks for an eternity I really can't picture myself caring that I can still discuss the meaning of life.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, being stuck in an endless discussion on the nature of Life and morality can be a Hell in and of itself. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Did anyone ever see that Twilight Zone episode where a hippie dies and goes to a room full of old people dancing to Sinatra? He realizes that he's in hell and they're in heaven.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
That's not what your Hell is like, Hobbes, and you know it. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it would have to be political threads.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Did Mormons add Hell recently and not tell me?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm... I've got my Longaberger basket all set...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Yeah, Stormy, it's a new feature of LDS 7.0
Annie
Member # 295

Ha ha ha! I love the idea of going to Hell in a Longaberger basket. I hope it has a big raffia bow on it too.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yeah, Stormy, it's a new feature of LDS 7.0 "

Okay, that made me laugh. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

TMedina, Milton has that as part of his Hell.

(I wrote a story that references it)

On his way out of Hell to tempt Eve, Satan passes a group of demons...

In thoughts more elevate, and reasoned high
Of Providence, Foreknowledge, Will, and Fate--
Fixed fate, free will, foreknowledge absolute,
And found no end, in wandering mazes lost.
Of good and evil much they argued then,
Of happiness and final misery,
Passion and apathy, and glory and shame:
Vain wisdom all, and false philosophy!-

Milton-Paradise Lost, Book II

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, that's an interesting point. What if Hell and Heaven were the same place, only the ones in Heaven are happy to be there because they were right, and the ones in Hell are ticked because they were wrong and have to spend the rest of their days with those self-righteous prigs gloating over them?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
My Sisysphysian task is definately going to be manning Hell's Lifeway Christian Store counter.
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
To quote Insanity Plea:

"If Heaven is milk and cookies, wouldn't a lactose-intolerant diabetic rather be enjoying the barbeque in Hell?"

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.