FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Signed a contract with the Devil

Author Topic: Signed a contract with the Devil
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to be getting a cell phone soon...
I need one if I want to get a better job.
But I hate those things! [Grumble]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What? He let you sign?

I gotta keep better control over the old boy...

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Please provide a full physical description; I've always wondered what the devil looks like. Does he sound like Barry White, by any chance?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
He plays a guitar made with the bones of sinners and the sinews of fornicators.

*pause*

Actually, it was a Fender, I think.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
He looks a bit like that opera singer I like.
White hair, deep voice... A lot of cell phones in a bowling bag.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

He's short, and kind of on the hairy side.

I mean, you would NOT want to have to wax his back.

He's got a little bit of a pot belly-- he claims its because the souls he's ingesting these days are so FAT, but I think it's because he doesn't get much of a workout anymore, what with the internet and all.

He's got a lovely singing voice-- I mean really good, like WOW! that was the lord of evil? good.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
But what I really want to know is...

does he have a mullet?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Now hold on, people.... the devil would have to be a girl...
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
Does he look like the Baron Vladamir Harkonnen?
Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

quote:
He's got a lovely singing voice-- I mean really good, like WOW! that was the lord of evil? good.
Yeah, but his songs really suck.

"There's a guy name Fred and he bought a pair of slacks. Oooh, Fred's got slacks on the boulevard."

"Fast Car
on the highway
on the byway
Mr. Robotron."

"I'm the Devil.
And I'm here to say
I'm the most evil rapper in the USA.
All my homies and my b*tches say Ya-ah!"

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
The Baron actually was a girl for a while.

Sorta.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, he doesn't play a Fender -- he plays a fiddle!

quote:
The devil went down to Georgia, and he was looking for a soul to steal;
he was way behind and in a bind and looking to make a deal

--The Charlie Daniels Band

[Evil Laugh] FG
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

*snicker*

Farmgirl, I thought I knew my husband until that song came on the radio while we were in the car. Mr. Opera is the antithesis of country. Yet when that song came on, he actually turned it up and jammed. I still giggle whenever I think of it.

space opera

miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

Actually, that "fiddle" that he plays in that song sounds more like a Fender than a fiddle.
IanO
Member # 186

He doesn't play the Fender very well, either. He described the C Chord as really hard.
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

[Confused] [Confused]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
MPH: I may be wrong but I think the fiddle part that you're talking about really isn't a fiddle. You mean the part right after "And a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this"? I'm pretty sure it's a bass or guitar playing the rhythm there, and the fiddle comes in in the middle of it.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Why do so many people on Hatrack know so much about the devil? Makes me kinda wonder about things.

space opera

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
WenchCon WAS in Georgia...
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

He plays a fiddle, and has played it for, like, ever. That's why the violin is known as the devil's instrument.

IanO is right-- he's no great shakes at lyrics. His poetry tends toward the shallow side of really sucky-- let me give you an example:

I sat on an angel, it said so clear
What is it you want, my horned dear?
And I poked him in his eyes so blue,
And he wept and wailed and I said, 'Tis true,'
That I do not like you.'

But if he SINGS it. . . man.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
mph, your link is sabotaged.

edit: makes mental note to boycott geekroar

[ September 15, 2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Credit cards are the devil's instrument.
Which is why I should never have one.
I'd use it to buy all of the Russian's CDs.

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, have you ever heard of "Diabolus in Musica" ? Read the text...it's an interesting story.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

And then there's this one where the Devil tried to solve Fermat's Last Theorem in 24 hours
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The Devil made me do it.

Yep, stood there with his little pitchfork and made me right those words. You never would have guessed it, but he has a slight Yorkshire accent.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

The link works for me. [Dont Know]
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn,

Just make sure you get a contract with the Devil that expires in 1 or 2 years.

I actually met the devil in disguise once while in college, and it was an experience I will never forget. We were sitting in our favorite bar and this tall handsome gentleman in a suit and a tan trenchcoat sat down beside us. He professed that he was this HUGE corporate bigshot and that he had more money than God. He proceeded to put his credit card on the table (he mentioned that he had a 6-figure credit limit) and bought us free drinks all night long. When he became rather drunk he insisted that we take him to a club with dancing girls and ladies of a looser persuasion. Naturally, we knew just the place. He then went out and fired up his new toy, which was the most incredible Harley Fatboy I had ever seen, with all sorts of custom chrome and pipes. He somehow managed to lowside it in the parking lot of the club and scratched the hell out of it. By the third club, my buddy and I looked at each other and agreed that we had just met Satan and that he was tempting us to do great evil. At that point, we ditched him and fled for our lives.

True story.

[ September 15, 2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't work for me....GeekRoar insists that you not link directly to their images. Even though they have their site designed so you can't find anything any other way.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
But Syn, did you sign it at the crossroads? 'Cause it don't count if it ain't at the crossroads.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[ROFL]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.