FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Photoshop Phriday - Cafeteria Nightmares (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Photoshop Phriday - Cafeteria Nightmares
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Photoshop Phriday, season 2 premiers with a brand-spanking-new challenge and a much-hipper homepage look.

The new page can be seen here, in all its triadic glory.

For those of you unfamiliar with Hatrack P.P. , it's a contest open to anyone - photoshop whiz or good-humored hack - who wants to submit an entry. Each week, a new challenge is announced and entries are due by midnight on Thursday. (which is techinically midnight on Friday. You know - the midnight that comes right after Thursday.) It's technically a contest with no prizes except a lot of glory, but all entries are displayed for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Last season's page can be seen here, with apologies for the broken links. (stuff still works toward the bottom)

This week's challenge, due at midnight on September 17, is:

Truth in Advertising

What this entails is any commerical image - ad, packaging, etc. with an honest description of the product (I was inspired by this Something Awful event) rather than the marketing jargon we're so used to swallowing.

All submissions should be emailed as jpg or gif attachments to blueroosterdesign AT gmail DOT com , and please reduce the file size to something reasonable.

Any questions - call my production manager.

[ September 28, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy flip, those propaganda posters are brilliant. So, have you ever used this one?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

No, but you have my full approval to link to it whenever necessary.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

And, a bump to announce the hot-off-the-presses

New Photoshop homepage!

Check it out, and then get to work!

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
You spelled friday wrong.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
*kicks kaioshin*
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I hope you both know that when you enter this thread, you are obligated to make a submission.

This applies to you, too, anonymous reader.

This week's is really easy in the technological department - you just have to manipulate text on an existing product.

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, the technological department is where I do best. It's the creative side that is hard [Wink] I will try.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited this is happening again!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

You can still wow us with your mad tech skillz, Josh. That can make up for a good part of creativity. [Smile]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You're new page is most enthralling. [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Grassy Ass.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

What? What's wrong with the hula girl thank you? [Wink]

*subtle bump* - we need some submissions!

Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Grassy Ass
My band teacher (back in middle school) once got really mad and yelled at some kids making noise outside the door, "Your ass is grass!"

We, in our middle school innocence, were shocked.

That said, I submitted a quickie.

Edit: I hope it meets the criteria well enough.

[ September 15, 2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Nato ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall try to come up with an idea to make into a badly manipulated image by Friday. [Smile]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I really really thought about entering this go-round even though I'm a novice at PhotoShop. I was going to find a Kerry/Edwards poster, and...uh... "modify" it....

But two things stopped me.

1) there practically isn't a Kerry/Edwards poster to be found anywhere in Republican territory of Kansas.

2) I didn't want to start a fight...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

But see, starting fights is what Hatrack does best! I bet you could find a poster online. Try a Google image search or the democrats' homepage.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Aw shucks, Annie! I did the Google search and found that somebody already beat me to it!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
My entry is sent. Hope you received it OK. [Smile]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on something a little different, but I hope you enjoy it.

I have to have it in by midnight tomorrow night? What time zone?

Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I just say midnight so I can put it together Friday morning.

And so far I've gotten entries from Nato, Moon Rabbit and AFR. Thanks, guys! Many more to come, I hope [Smile]

miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

thanks for the bump

Keep sending them in!

Annie
Member # 295

Update:

The entries I've received so far are...

REALLY STINKING FUNNY.

Carry on.

dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Sending mine in now. I've never participated in this before =)
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

OK, kids, it's the moment we've all been waiting for:

Happy Phriday!

This season's first Photoshop Phriday is up and running and (if I may say so myself) very high-quality. We've also got a

New challenge up already for next week.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, those were incredibly cool.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I LOVE those Annie! I'll have to admit that the Atlantis one was my favorite, but every single one made me laugh so much that all my fellow co-workers came over to see them over my shoulder...

Farmgirl

miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

"This is what the mugger sees"
[ROFL]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Annie -- I guess I'm just not creative enough -- but I don't understand next week's challenge:

quote:
animals you'd like to see added to the animal kingdom
I mean, if they are animals, they are already in the animal kingdom. [Confused] I'm lost.

FG

advice for robots
Member # 2544

Whoo Hoo!

[Party]

[ September 17, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*gasp* Those are very, very, very clever! Well done, everyone!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

AFR -- [Grumble]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You know, I have to keep going back to MPH's entry -- every time I look at it again I see something I didn't before! That was just brilliant -- must have taken you forever to change all of that.

The link to Homestar, the "essay" titles, everything. That is great.

Farmgirl

Annie
Member # 295

The animal challenge means creating weird animals. Something like this, only probably not the same level of gruesomeness. (don't flip around to other pages if you like cats.)
katharina
Member # 827

It's a liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal.

[ September 17, 2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Ha... that's the seventh or eighth time I've looked at mph's page, and the first time I spotted the "sponsored links." [ROFL]
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

It's bred for its skills and magic.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

MPH, oh my gosh, I didn't realize yours was a live webpage. Hats off. That was brilliant.

Annie, I am unworthy. MPH's entry was a labor of love. He should have won.

miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

Bev and I had a fun time coming up with all the jokes to put on that page.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Those were all great, but porter...wow. My hat's off to you. You should email a link to it to the Cards.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I love that page. I've bookmarked a link to it - it's hilarious.
TheTick
Member # 2883

You know, mph, I just today, without having seen your link to my page, changed my title to 'Eagle King of All I Survey'. So your link is right on the money. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

I actually agonized on the descriptions of some of those forums. I had one that I thought was pretty funny, but I was afraid it might be offensive. [Dont Know]
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

AFR, I definitely don't deserve to win -- this was a photoshop contest, after all. I actually was worried whether Annie would accept my entry at all. The only photoshop (actually gimp) work that I did was on the posing as people poster.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Five buck says that you toyed with using "Hatrack Spinoff" as a description of GreNME. I know *I* would have, but then maybe that's why I'm the evil one.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

Well, hey, you got the People's Choice award anyway. [Smile]
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

[Blushing]
TheTick
Member # 2883

That was my thought too, Noemon. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.