FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am LIVID right now (work rant)

Author Topic: I am LIVID right now (work rant)
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Background: I am director of my churches nursery. We share space with a daycare that is run there during the week. This causes difficutlies, especially since the state says our toys, etc, cannot mingle. So we keep our toys in a seperate room, haul them out on Sundays.

I get call Friday (my BIRTHDAY, remember). The d/c site supervisor is ina tizzy because some of "their" toys were missing, she went into the other room and found them in our baskets. Well, I was on EVERY shift the last two weeks, I know their toys aren't there, but I say "Ok, I will look into it" and let it slide.
Get in this AM, and some toys, I had bought are in their baskets. So I put our name on them in Sharpie. I am going to label EVERYTHING now, every toy dish, every play person.
OK, but here's the kicker. I get a note from her in my mailbox that one of the moms had left breastmilk and it dissapeared over the weekend. So would I please leave it alone and not throw it out in the future. WTH??? Um, did she think to ask instead of DECIDING someone on my staff had thrown it out? Hello, I think I know something about the value of a bottle of breastmilk. So I attached a note to her note telling her I had been there for all those shifts and there was no way some one on my staff had tossed it. Let me just say I am not having nice Christian thoughts about her right now.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how realistic this is in terms of implementation, I do know this would be a pin in the butt for a while, but maybe it would work in the long run:

Can your church obtain locking cabinets for the church's toys and supplies and require the daycare center to do the same for theirs? Same with refrigerators? My though is that if the items are kept locked up, there would be no way that the other group could have access to them and should eliminate the claims of "you tossed out our breast milk", etc. And if the daycare keeps control of their own keys, they can't claim that you broke in without their permission by fact of having a set of their keys.

I don't know if the church receives needed revenue from the daycare for use of the space. Maybe by becoming more restrictive in light of these accusations, the church might make it so that the daycare directors decide that another location separate from the church and entirely under their own control would be more advantageous to them.

Either way, I think it's really crappy of this person to sit there and accuse you personally and the church of taking their things and of taking the church's things as you reported. There's really no reason you should have to resort to labeling and hiding your toys if they were honest and conscientious about following the rules set by the State.

Goody

[ September 05, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know if the church receives needed revenue from the daycare for use of the space.
Yes, they do. I would LOVE seperate locking cabinets, and fridges with locks, but I can only dream. As it is the facility space is on the same key as all the classrooms, storage rooms, copy room, etc of the church and the pastor says we can't change the locks ( Things have been stolen that we know were take when neither nursery or daycare staff were there) In fact, if you jiggle our door handle hard enough it unlocks and we still can't get it replaced. [Wall Bash]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Some people just like to look for trouble. It sucks that the daycare supe is one of them.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fact, if you jiggle our door handle hard enough it unlocks and we still can't get it replaced.
Sounds like way past time for all the locks and the loose doors to all be replaced. What kind of approval is needed to get this kind of work accomplished? Is it something that the parishoners vote on or the diosece or what?

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.