FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Dental Hygienist may stop by

Author Topic: My Dental Hygienist may stop by
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
If she does, give her a big Hatrack welcome.

I have to say that laughter and scraping teeth with sharp implements have never gone so well together. This woman should do stand-up. Really!

And I didn't even have any nitrous.

She HAD TO hear the story of how dkw and I met on Hatrack so now she wants to see what this is all about -- this thing called Hatrack.

I hope she stops by.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I will welcome her as long as she doesn't bring the scraping teeth tooth with her. I hate the sound of those things! Pictures Bob's conversation with dental lady:

Lady: "So, exactly what is this Hatrack thing like?"
Bob: "uooort roop kirrw"
Lady: "Really? Sounds like a lot of fun!"

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, I'm scared. You know how much it hurts to get your teeth cleaned after a ten-year dentist hiatus?

Please don't let her scrape my teeth. Please?

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that's the beauty of internet communication. A virtual scraping of teeth could never be so painful.

Cool! Hope she pops in, and maybe even stays. New blood!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Bob, I am certainly glad to have her, but I'm worried she might drill us for information about you.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That's the tooth!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the tooth... the tooth... the tooth...

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You people really like to get to the root of the problem, don't you?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

It's OK. We don't mind having a Dental Hygenist bridge the gap and join us. Then we canal get to know her.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dad-gum it, I'm filling a little too tired to really get into a pun thread right now. You can all just imagine the puns that I'd be making if I weren't heading to bed. This is a pretty rich subject for puns though--I'm sure that even if you don't post the ones you mentally attribute to me, that will barely put a dentin the number of puns that are still available to you.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
You got a lot of nerve.... setting out the good plates [Big Grin]

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No need to give us the brush-off because of a few puns. They're like tartar sauce on fishsticks.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Normally I have the wisdome to stay out of pun ordeals. They usually have me scraping the bottom.
Noemon
Member # 1115

If she does become a regular poster here, Bob, I think that she'll be the first oral hygene practicioner to join our ranks. Having recruited her might very well be seen, in the future, as your crowning achievement on Hatrack.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

If you're really lucky, we might even put up a plaque in your honor.
beverly
Member # 6246

We'll give him a plaque.

Edit: Doh!

[ September 01, 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Or, we sure can give her an amalgam of opinions on you.

[ September 01, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

beverly
Member # 6246

That's it, I'm too slow. I rinse my hands of this whole matter.
beverly
Member # 6246

Though if she is hesitant to join, tell her we don't bite. Wing it.
beverly
Member # 6246

Wow, it suddenly went dead in here. You could hear a needle drop.
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*in Jack Nicholson voice*

You want the tooth?
You can't handle the tooth!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, Space Opera, that was bad. I almost feel like going at getting in my old '87 Chevy Nova and driving over there to give you a piece of my mind in person! Unfortunately, the car isn't in that good of shape, and you live a long way way. I'm afraid my Novacain't make it all the way to your place without breaking down.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, it's really too late for me to be up. I'm going to sleep.

Night trus' worthy friends!

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
If she does come, make sure she braces for the worst.

If she's as nice as you say, we'll treat her like oralty.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, does your hygenist promise to tell the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth?
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Brace yourself, you're all band for bad puns!!

I hate that you guys have this pun bracket in control of the board.

If all of your puns disappeared, it wouldn't even be a floss. [Mad]

[ September 02, 2004, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
"I fell in love with my dental hygenist, so I'd eat a bag of Oreos in the waiting room before every visit." [Big Grin]

--Steven Wright

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't even get some of my friends to check this place out... let alone my dentist! [Razz]

What's your secret, Bob?

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sexy teeth.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Ah, that explains it.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

As an afterthought:

Because of course, sexy teeth would get some of my more obstinate friends excited about Hatrack. [Wink]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Sexy teeth are everything Raia. You know it. I know it. The American people know it.
Raia
Member # 4700

And here I thought that in thinking so, I was all alone...
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, you can't get some of your friend's to check it out? I think you have more friend's on here than almost anyone else. Who won't come (bloomington people)?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Well, I meant more specifically... I didn't mean in general, there are a TON of my friends on the board.

I meant people like Bob, who refuse to look at the place... and I think he would really like it, he's just so dang stubborn!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I suggest you put him on retainer. That should pull him in. But remember, when new people join, we have to take their measure -- well actually, we leave that up to the incisor.

I lost a back tooth playing football in the yard. Dad always said we needed a new lawn molar.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Three chairs for the hygienist!

Chip chip away!
Chip chip away!
Chip chip away!

[ September 03, 2004, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.