FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Econo Class survey

Author Topic: Econo Class survey
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
How many of you hatrackers would be willing to participate in an economics survey for my class?? i have to survey 10 people from diffrent age groups and I was just wondering if you'd help out.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
What sort of questions does it entail? How personal are they?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
How long would it take to complete this survey?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be happy to, so long as I don't feel uncomfortable with the questions. I mean, you're not getting my SSN and my bank account numbers. [Razz] Oh, and I'm 33, married, with 4 kids.
Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

See I don't think I'd mind participating but I just want more details before I do.
[Wink]

AJ
Age: 25, No kids, not married, but in long-term relationship

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I'll particapate.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll do it depending on how personal it gets.

Male, 37, married w/ 1 kid

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see why not.
M/29/Married/Daughter.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Male,30,married, 3 kids

[ August 27, 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Male, 37, Domestically Partner'd, 3 cats.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
How are the "age groups" broken down, that you have to cover? Like 18-25, 26-35, 35+? I would jump in here, but maybe you already have enough volunteers from my age group.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Its not very personal questions, age groups and names are as personal as I go...

According to my teacher, I have to ask 5 questions about economics to random people and see if they know what it is.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Ok, here goes. NO CHEATING!!!

1.) Whats an entrepeneur?
2.)What is GDP (Gross Domestic Product)?
3.)What is the current rate of inflation in the U.S.?
4.)What is a tariff?
5.)What does IRS stand for? What do they do?

Age groups are as follows:
13-18
19-30
31-50
51+
please answer honestly as I want this to be as accurate as possible.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. Given this site, I don't think we can be considered "random." Anyone on Hatrack could answer any of those questions, I'd imagine.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Should we email you the answers so we don't see each others?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Not true. I was unable to give a definition for GDP, although I know what it stands for.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

spoiler deleted

[ August 27, 2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

AHH!! yes, you should e-mail me the answers! Please delete the post with the spoilers!!
Sorry I didn't state how I wanted the answers before!

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Thanks!
You got them all right except one...

BannaOj
Member # 3206

wonder if it was the one I thought i got wrong
<grin>
I e-mailed you.

AJ

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

A crap!
Forgot to tell everyone that I changed my e-mail address!! Gotta update my profile! BBSoon.

altariel@tokyo.com

[ August 27, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Altįriėl of Dorthonion ]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be willing to take the survey, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my last name. Regardless of how great this website is, there is no way to know for certain that the person you think you're sending to is actually who you think he/she is. If I could submit a response without giving you my full name, I'd be happy to help out. If not, I'm sure you'll have more than enough willing participants here as it is.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Its ok. First name is ok, I'll make up the rest John Doe.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know number 3...

The rest we covered in my (very bad) econ class last year.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I attempted it. I was unsure of a couple, but that should help give your survey some credibility, considering where you're asking people.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I emailed you my answers, I think I got them all right.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Great I received 4 more entries today!
Thanks for helping! [Razz]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
This is just a ploy to ask A/S/L.

Neatly disguised as homework.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Not really, I could scan you a copy of the paper if you wanted me to. Although I don't necessarily feel the need to prove this is my assignment, you participate of your own free will...
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly what the hypnotist said before making me believe I was a duck.

Free will my tail-feathers.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Of ASL, i only need A. I don't need anything else except for the answers ofcourse. its your thing if you want to participate or not, I just have to say that the deadline is this thursday.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

How many responses do you have?

AJ

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

from hatrack I've got 5 or six, in total, I've got about 16, i need at least ten people from every age group. My time is running out! x.x
MEC
Member # 2968

So, did you get all the responses you needed?
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not a very scientific way of running a study. Even taken into account the fact that Hatrackers are not random people, posting the questions prior to getting a commitment to participate will bias the result in that those who feel they know the answers will be more likely to respond.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.