FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sakeriver

Author Topic: Sakeriver
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Mike, just in case you weren't aware of it, Sakeriver seems to be down.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I killed it. I overwhelmed it with estrogen.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday it seemed to be down a lot too. I don't think it is a new thing.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe he was lamenting on the galacticacictus or whatever about how a 99% uptime guarantee means 7.5 hours of downtime. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
No that was here.

::jumps up and down in outrage::

I can't believe I switched away from a hosting service for slowness only to run into one with crappy uptime! [Mad]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I got this response from my tech support:

quote:
There is a DDoS attack on port 80 (HTTP) going relative this server.
We're working to protect the server but attacker use randomly generated source
IPs so it is difficult to exclude all *BAD* packets.
Our security tech is modifying server firewall at the moment and we hope your
sites will be accessible soon.

Damn crackers! [Mad]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Crackers?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

We seem to be back now.

kat, FOLDOC explains it much better than I could.

saxon75
Member # 4589

I may have spoken too soon.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, so you just automatically assume it was a *white* guy, huh?

Boy am I steamed!

[Wink]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, no...that's cracka'.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, sure, underscore my ignorance PSI--stop rubbing saltine my wounds!
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I graham believe you're trying to get me involved in this. It may be premium pun material but I'd hate to ritz being embarrassed.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

No contenders? How crummy!

Melba'll stay away from this cheesy thread, if only biscotti Jake proved he was head oyster zwieback in the day. I'm butter off not even trying.

Noemon
Member # 1115

[Eek!]
Good Lord! I'm tempted to respond with a pun of my own, but I'm afraid you'd come back with a volley like that again. No, no, I can'triscuit.

katharina
Member # 827

Cheese whiz, y'all are diverting this thread.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

[Roll Eyes] , I say. [Roll Eyes] !
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

You know, I'm really depressed that I can't think of a pun with TownHouse.

Better make some soup and think about it.

And no, there are no puns in this post. I wasted them all early. At least I went out with a bang. : )

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] PSI
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

If only there were some way to fuse the subject of edible cracker puns with some other meaning of the word...
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
*flees*
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

*nods like she understands*
Noemon
Member # 1115

You know--crackers, as a term for fireworks? When you said something about going out with a bang, I thought that you were being enormously clever and switching over to firework based puns.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

HAHA, no, that's out of my cleverness range. But I'm flattered you didn't already know that.

(Actually, I had never heard of that synonym.)

[ August 26, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

I'm not so sure PSI--you have a flare for this kind of thing.
katharina
Member # 827

I'd approve of any puns you bring fourth.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I think it's a British term for them, but I could be mistaken.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Next time I go roman around europe, I'll check it out.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Are you sure, PSI, that there isn't even the tiniest spark of recognition of the term, in your mind? Blast it! I hope that I'm not leading everyone astray!
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I think a cracker is something that pops when you pull both ends, at least that's what I learned in Harry Potter. I'll have to find a definition that's independent from that, though.

edit: It helps to spell your puns correctly, or the joke will be a dud.

[ August 26, 2004, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.