FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Costume: Salem Halloween trip this year...

Author Topic: The Hatrack Costume: Salem Halloween trip this year...
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am planning to go to Salem for Halloween this year, and make a full day of it.

Anyone interestd?

Doobie aside, I am serious...

Kwea

[ August 25, 2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The doobie explains the desire to go to Salem.

[ August 24, 2004, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I like Salem, we went there last year, but got there too late to really do any tours. That is why we are making it a full day trip this time.

It should be our last Halloween in the East Coast, as we are planning on moving this winter....

Anyone else intersted in meeting us there? The earlier the better, it's pretty crazy there at night.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, what about Salem Oregon? We don't have witches (as far as I know...) but we definitely need some eastern hatrackers to come visit!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago, the juggling club at Brown performed at the Eerie Events night at the Peabody-Essex museum. Boston Univ also sent their juggling club. We got along fairly well and even held a few social events together later on. Brown's pirate a capella group was also sent to Eerie Events.

It's a cute event. They tell ghost stories in the historic homes associated with the museum.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

That sounds like it would be a blast....both performing for it and watching it from the audience.

I really like Halloween, it is a lot of fun for both kids and adults. I really love it when kids come to the door, or even better when they are going to parties, and they are all dressed up in what they consider a scary costume....they are just so damn cute!

Dogs and kids, those are two of the things that can put me in a grreat mood.

Although I strongly disagree with dressing up you dog.

It's just wrong.

Kwea

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Suneun,

I never pieced it together that you go/went? to Brown.

My dad went there, and is in the Sports Hall of Fame for ice hockey. He studied classics there.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Cool

Quick version: I heard of hatrack back in HS but never bothered looking it up (friend who started me on OSC, in fact -- Jon Robbins). In college at Brown, Mike was a rabid hatrack reader and I started to read it. Joined after a year or so of lurking. Martha's Mike's sister. Beca's a friend of ours, also Brown alum. We have a few other friends who might join, but as of yet just lurk or just hear us talk about threads (yes, we talk all about you all! [Big Grin] ).

Now I'm a Brown med student, so still affiliated. And dabbler is my public-cluster/laptop name so I don't fret if I accidentally left myself logged in.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabid, eh?

Sadly Eerie Events no longer exists. I think the Peabody Essex Museum is trying to be more serious now. Or something. But there are probably other things going on in Salem. Halloween's a Sunday night, huh? Sounds like it could be fun.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yep, and Jenni and I have already asked for it off. I might even stay out that way...not in Salem, but nearby. Jenni and I always have Mondays off, so there is no real need for us to try and drive back through all the Halloween crowds that go to Salem.

Mike, I didn't realize that you were Marthas brother....cool!

How is she? I haven't heard anything from her lately, not even about the WMASS Picnic. Suneun mentioned that she is still dating Kale, but other than that I didn't even know if she had heard about the picnic....she must not post here very much.

Tell her we said hi, and I hope she is well.

So was that a yes, Mike? [Big Grin]

Kwea

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea,
I got a really good hotel deal on Hotwire last summer. It was near Lowell(Billerica, I think), but you could try for the North Shore(a.k.a. Nawth Shaw). There are lots of hotels that are only busy during the week, because they cater to traveling busines folk and conventions. This place was lovely, and it cost 25 bucks or something.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.