FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'M REAL...or...2 Hours in Kamadelphia

Author Topic: I'M REAL...or...2 Hours in Kamadelphia
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I really wish it had been longer, but I got to spend two very nice hours with Kama this afternoon. Although, in retrospect, it almost feels like I was a member of a relay race and Kama was the baton.

Anyway, we did have fun, even though all we mostly did was talk. I took her down Benjamin Franklin Parkway, where they have national flags along the side of the road. We were looking for Poland, but what happened? NO POLAND! What is that? We got Phillipines and then Portugal, but no Poland in between... [Grumble]

So, we made do and I took a picture of Kama where the Poland flag should have been. Because our time was limited, we stuck close to where I live and we saw the IMAX movie TITANICA at the Franklin Institute. It was Kama's first IMAX, and I think she enjoyed it...even though I think it was far too educational. [No No] Seriously though, can you show anything on an IMAX that doesn't look cool? I think not.

That's about the end of our little adventures. We got very messy eating buffalo wings and waited for Strider to show up. I didn't really want to let Kama go after only two hours, but I had to.

If I'm lucky I might be able to see Kama again later in the week. And to everyone relatively close, digging_holes is probably coming by this Tuesday, and everyone is invited for the fun and dorkiness that will ensue! [Wink]

(the few pictures I took will be posted when my pc stops being stupid)

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool! *yells at computer to stop being dumb*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I WANNA MEET KAMA! Am I the only person left who hasn't met her yet???

Oh, and I want to meet Javert, too! [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, no, you're not.

And Javert, if everyone starts a thread about his/her Kamaesque experience we'll have to ask for another forum... [Razz]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hear, hear! [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*squints*

I thought the title said Kamaphilia. Dang it, apparently there is no cure for it.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Sorry Corwin...but see, I figured since most of my threads disappear off the front page after about thirty minutes, it wasn't gonna be a problem. [Wink]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

OK, now the very small amount of pics I took is up. Enjoy them.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.