FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Imminent Return of Photoshop Phriday

Author Topic: The Imminent Return of Photoshop Phriday
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Next week I move back to school, which means, among other things, broadband access and free time!

So, I shall now start drumming up anticipation for a reincarnation (should you be interested) of last year's Photoshop Phriday events. I can only put it together if I have promised participation from at least 3 or 4 people.

I am taking suggestions for challenges, and have a couple ideas myself.

Also, I'd like to test the waters for interest in a possible Illustration Bee. The Illustration Bee is a contest that helps improve skills (because that's our overall motive) in digital illustration. An assignment is given for an object such as, say, fuzzy dice, one week, and the next week we display the various digital iconic renderings of fuzzy dice.

My former email address for the contest, anniesphotoshop@yahoo.com, is now defunct because I forgot to check it for four months. So all questions can be directed to me at blueroosterdesign AT gmail DOT com

Let the games begin!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [The Wave]

I can't wait to see what all you creative-types come up with! (I'm not creative, so I'm just a spectator and supporter)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Remind me to give you my lecture someday on how you are never allowed to say "I am not creative." [Razz]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I think creativity is a skill in some ways, although some people are naturally more skillful, just like with athletics. If you train hard, you can become a fantastic swimmer, but some people don't have to train as hard to get there.

When I was kid I was quite creative, but I've lost my touch. Time to get training.

<--disqualified from Photoshop Phridays because I don't know Photoshop well enough to have fun doing it

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I always got a "B" in art in grade school, and it was my only B. It really was a thorn in my side during grade school. Although once I got an "A". But I'm awful at it. I have a hard time just coming up with something pretty or cool.

Ivygirl

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you guys are good! I might give it a try occasionally.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost tempted to contribute again. I just don't know if it'd be fair.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!

*prepares to spectate*

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, I am not creative. [Smile]

But I do love PP and I'm glad it's going to start again.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.