FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Any Montreal Hatrackers ? (Used to be: And I'm... back in the game !)

Author Topic: Any Montreal Hatrackers ? (Used to be: And I'm... back in the game !)
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
[Edit: Look at my second post in the thread]

The last years of my life have gradually transformed me into a(n almost) totaly unmotivated person.

I'm accepted for one semester at the Concordia University in Montreal. I should have had my visa a long time ago. I should have applied for a scholarship - I'm so late on this that I'll probably not get it, and in the meantime my parents are working full time to send me enough money to support my studies. I've shut them off because they insisted too much that I do the things I have/had to do. And since they are far, far away from me, there's nothing for them to do but worry... I'm sorry...

There's a "Humanities Personal Project" I should have presented this year. I'm late on it, but there's the possibility to postpone it. Why make it simple when you can delay things and help them become so complicated ?! (trust me, this won't be easy)

There, I think I've mentioned all I should have and haven't yet done.

But I'm back. What got me back on track is a movie: Contact. I found my motivation. I rediscovered that curiosity to search for the truth that drove me in the past. I've found that there are so many means to get there, but that you can do it one. step. at. a. time. No cheering right now. I've fallen so deep that I barely can see the light. But I see it. And I'll get closer to it. Thank you for reading this.

[Contact]
Palmer Joss: By doing this, you're willing to give your life, you're willing to die for it. Why?
Ellie Arroway: For as long as I can remember, I've been searching for something, some reason why we're here. What are we doing here? Who are we? If this is a chance to find out even just a little part of that answer... I don't know, I think it's worth a human life. Don't you?
[/Contact]

[ August 24, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's great.

One time, a U2 song knocked me back into the world of the living, so I know exactly what you mean.

And best of luck... we'll be rooting for you.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
This is why I like that movie [Smile] .

Congrats on rediscovering even a single ray of light, Cor! And b est of wishes and luck to you in following it through to whatever end [Smile] .

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

I'll soon be on my way to Montreal, Canada. Soon = almost certainly 30 august. Are there any hatrackers in Montreal ? If so, is there anyone who has an extra room ? Either for the whole semester - until end of December - or for a couple of days until I find some place to live in ?
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

*bump*
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just in Montreal not two weeks ago... but unfortunately I'm not there now, and was only there on a vacation visiting a friend [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

And he's not a hatracker, I guess ? Hmmm, we should make him one... [Wink]
Corwin
Member # 5705

I think I solved the problem for a couple of days, I have some friends that go there, I can stay with one of them. What I'm searching now is 'only' a room for the whole semester.

Really now, there are NO hatrackers in Montreal ?! Hmmm, I'll have to recruite some... [Big Grin]

Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I will hopefully be in Montreal in a year (at Ecole Nationale de Cirque ). If I get in. But I guess that doesn't help you, does it?
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you want to do there, Mike?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

Ecole Nationale de Cirque ? Cool ! [Cool] I hope you get in...

And it can help, who knows where I'll be in a year ?! Or at least in ~20 years I'll tell people that I knew Mike the Great when he was a lil' kid... [Wink]

Corwin
Member # 5705

One last bump...
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Stratford just under three months ago, but that wasn't really relevant.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.