FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just Out of Curiosity: Any Other Mudders here?

Author Topic: Just Out of Curiosity: Any Other Mudders here?
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else here play MUDs? And if so what ones have you played do you play?

In the past I have played for varying amounts of time:
Return of the Shadow (ROTS)
Multi-Users in Middle Earth (MUME)

Currently I play:
Multi-Users in Middle Earth (MUME)
Middle Earth MUD (MEM)

For those of you who don't know, MUD stands for Multi-User Dungeon and a MUD is a massively multiplayer text based roleplaying game. There are also MUSHes and MOOs and several other varieties, there are small differences but they are all basically the same thing. So who else plays em?

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
When my son was little he called me "mudder". [Razz]
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
MUDS are great! I used to play some years ago, but they were quite small and portuguese-based. So, I doubt anyone would know them over here.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I played Tele-Arena 4.0 waaay back in '93 to '96 or so. Played some MajorMUD as well.

About five years ago I started playing on Aardwolf, but only for a few months. A year or two ago, I played on a Dragonlance-based MUD where you had to be in-character the whole time. But I started getting carpal tunnel syndrome from continuous mudding so I had to quit.

Most recently, a couple friends of mine are trying to edit Anatolia MUD for our own personal use. Haven't gotten far b/c we all have jobs.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me put in a plug for the DiscworldMUD, far and away the best MUD in the known universe. Really.

Pterry even plays, although he has to offically pretend that he's not aware of its existence. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play on some muds called Tsunami, Realmsmud and Cobra MUD. And I think there was a diku MUD I was on for a while. Luckily, I was able to escape all of their clutches...

...then, some evil person started posting about KoL! ARRRGGGGHHHH!

"I try to get out - but they keep pulling me back in!"

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Waaaaaay back in the day, I used to be a heavy MUSH (Multi-User-Shared-Habitat/Hallucination) player, especially on, of all places, 'Clone Wars MUSH'. Doing a search of my username still brings up someone's site with a transcript of some episodes I played parts in. Kind of embarassing now, but eh. Posterity and memories, neh?

Hehe. Larrs Taalcon was quite the character.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I used to play on Aardwolf.

Fun times.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
A few years back I was a serious player of Tales of Ta'veren, a Wheel of Time MUSH, but my time was increasingly taken up by the Infinity Chantry instead and I let it slide.

I also spent some time on a MUD a year or two later, but I forget the name. It was fun, but tedious at first (when I kept getting killed) and toward the end (when I had explored everything and was just trying to level).

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Good god, no.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah CT, they do donuts in the red mud in Oklahoma on a regular basis.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
See, when I first saw this thread, I got a little excited that there might be other Mudders on the board. But no, it's still just me. I guess that's OK, though, since the Mudders that are most likely to spend time on a forum are those that are most likely to have found me and my college friends obnoxious and stupid (because, of course, we were).

quote:
A few years back I was a serious player of Tales of Ta'veren, a Wheel of Time MUSH
I was one of the first players on ToT back when I was in high school. I was one of the first officers in the Guard in Caemlyn. That was a while ago, though. I also was pretty heavily into ElendorMUSH back then. I don't recall exactly how long ago that was, but it was more than 7 years and less than 11.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, who here has lived in a mobile home?

*raises hand*

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I game on ShadowMUD...
My character is Nimuul. [Smile]

Acutally I don't game much anymore but when I was at Alma College we gamed ALL the freaking time. ;-) Those were the last years of the VAX mainframe and terminals. Now the college is all network and LAN and T1 and stuff...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I guess so. Although not quite "trailer trash", it probably gives you the right to the term "white trash".

Unless you aren't white, in which case I'll just shut up. [Wink]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah - my home should have been condemned.

It was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

Well, is - but my mom seems to enjoy it.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OK, who here has lived in a mobile home?
ummm .... currently living in a mobile home ...

edited to add:

this is what I thought of when I saw the topic

[ July 27, 2004, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Is this home in a trailer park, or elsewhere?
CaySedai
Member # 6459

if you mean me, mph, it's on its own lot, but we rent it. And I drive a junky-looking car, so we have a junky-looking car in the driveway. It's not up on blocks or anything, though ... [Wink]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

When I was young, I remember living in a trailer. In tornado alley. It's a miracle any of us survived...
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I mud on two differnt muds. One is from my old employer and the other is the Forest mud which sprouted off from that mud to include people not previously employed there anymore.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

mr_porteiro_head:

I live in a trailer home in north central Iowa (just south of Fort Dodge). Our neighbors have a tree that appears to be taller than our trailer is long. I get just a little freaked out during storms.

I really want to live in a place with a basement.

Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in a trailer of some sort--never the kind that actually moves--for well over a decade. I still have a room at home if I ever need it in my family's doublewide.

And as a matter of fact, several members of my family do mud in the older sense, but it's been so long since I was around it that I'd forgotten.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.