FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » this is how you know you're on too many meds

Author Topic: this is how you know you're on too many meds
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting in line at the pharmacy, the tech recognizes you, pulls your script, and calls you over by name. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meltier
Member # 6728

- posted      Profile for meltier   Email meltier         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it just means you have a friendly face (as opposed to all the sourpusses that the tech normally sees)
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got three at Wal-Mart that do that. Other places I;ve used had a high turnover. I didn't even rcognize the tech half the time.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he just likes you. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Or your pharmacist changes locations, and you follow him. And he knows you did.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Seconds what rivka said. [Wink]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie is so cluless about how cute she is. [Laugh]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Waiting in line at the pharmacy, the tech recognizes you, pulls your script, and calls you over by name. o_O
I'd say that's on par with walking into the surgeon's office and everyone there knows you by first name without a second thought... *mutters about this happening far too often*
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Our Wendy's knows me by name. The manager knows me by experiences.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee - I thought it was bad when my local bar knows me on sight. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
*read T's response*

*Wendy's man points to nate*
"EIGHT PATTIE BURGER, EIGHT PATTIE BURGER"

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
This nurse was just telling me. She went to the pharmacy last week to get some supplies for her mom, a diabetic, and she got all these meds. Bags of meds. Some elderly deaf guy behind her in the long line stared and stared in utter amazement and finally roared (at the top of his lungs) "You sure look good for someone so sick!"
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would remember your face and name after the first time I served you Jamie. When I help out at the family cafe, I have a tendancy to remember the cute and nice people pretty readily. I'm shallow like that.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Theca
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
The guys that workt he gas station near my house know me by name. They even give me a free slushy every once and a while.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I just went and got my monthly supply today.

They know me very well. They know my kids by name. They tell me when I need to get a refill on something, if I don't mention it when I call for something else.

It's pretty sad. also sucks that my drug copay just went up another five dollars.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
That makes me kinda ashamed that I have medicare. I think I have a one dollar copay. It used to be five dollars, but someone complained that it was unfair. *shakes head*
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Medicare didn't cover prescription drugs. Right now I have Medicaid, but there's no copay.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.