FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Should I . . .

Author Topic: Should I . . .
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
take out the last $200.00 in my savings account and go to the ocean for the week-end?

Cast your vote -

I'll tally and decide after Nathan's baseball game, 10:00 PM PST.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!

I wish I was near the sea. This morning I woke up and the air was wet from the rain, and except for the lack of salt-smell it felt like I was near the sea...

I love the sea, but I'm not a beach-swimmer person. I'm a rockpool, sand-castle, wild-wind and grey sky person [Smile] .

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Need more information . . . I'm leaning toward yes, but first I need to know how much of a risk this is. How soon until your account will be replenished? Any bills that will have to be pushed significantly past due to swing this? Do you have a fall-back plan (and funds) if some emergency occurs between tapping out the account and replenishment?

Know what? Forget what I said. Just go! [Smile] Have fun! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
bills schmills..I want to personnally kiss the person who invented caller ID- now we all know when Mr. Bill Collector is calling [Taunt]

anyway- my vote is-- [Party]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with rivka. If you can easily replenish it, then yeah, go for it, but I personally like to always have money in there for the "just in cases".
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused about the necessity of the link between "the sea" and spending your last $200. Can you not get there without spending the money, or is it that in order to stay there you must spend the money?

I suggest going to the sea for free.

Best of both worlds.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
If you go, be wild and reckless because it may cost you a lot more than the $200 in your account.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we talking the PacNW coast here? I'm not sure that's worth spending all your money on. It's cold and rainy, even this time of year.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, PacNW - but very beautiful, hot weather currently. I'm melting.

If there is money in my savings it's because I didn't have to apply it to any bills (yippee)-

however, you all are perfectly correct - I should go and be wild and free but not spend my hard-earned and not easily saved dollars . . . .

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
It is rare to hear me speak highly of Nova Scotia, but one of the things I really and truly miss is the water. $200 and the time for a trip to an ocean sounds like a steal. By all means, go.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Shigosei... Pacific Northwest coast trips are definitely worth taking. Although you can get a $94 ticket for camping on the beach these days... My poor friend found this out the hard way.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are you in the PNW? I remember at Ocean Shores last year, campsites were only $16/night.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.