FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Improved" lyrics

Author Topic: "Improved" lyrics
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Reading one of the other threads about singing in the car, it occured to me... Who else "improves" lyrics of songs on the radio when you sing along? What do you change them to? (non-dirty please)

Example: "She lies and says she likes Margerine, Can't find a Butter man!"

(edit: spelling)

[ July 13, 2004, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: The Pixiest ]

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
"I've been eating marigolds, since you came along, you sexy thing"
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
My sister sings the most outrageously crazy and amusing lyrics because she doesn't know what the real words are. If I can get her to sing something for me, I write them here. It's really funny, but she always gets so self-concious.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
"You're a candle in the window, and a corn-dog when it's night."
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
"Hold me closer, Tony Danza."

"Once in the Tennessee town of old Knoxville,
I fell in love with a red-headed girl.
So smart and so witty and cute as a button,
with dazzling smile and head full of curls."

I made that one up for Eve.

Plus minor things like changing "Brown-eyed girl" to "Green-eyed girl," and the her to you in "I'm a Believer."

Who'd a thought I'd be so sappy, huh?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
to the tune of "Smells like Teen Spirit"

Turn the lights out,
Turtle cages!
Here we are now,
In the cages!

Heck, those might even be the real lyrics.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a mushy head, it's so full of lumps, im suprised im not dead...

[ July 13, 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine has an annoying habit of calling people "Boss".

Well, we're both Beatle fans, so I thought I'd try and break him of the habit by replacing the word "boy" with "boss" in all the songs.

It worked, but now I can't stop singing:

BOSS!, you're gonna carry that weight!

or

I heard the news today, oh boss....

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, dude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Since I'm obviously not imaginative enough to come up with my own alternate lyrics, I will have to refer people to this page. Not all of 'em are excellent, but anyone who makes Linkin' Park's lyrics as ridiculous as they are gets points in my book.

[ July 14, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I had a friend who used to sing a rousing rendition of "Secret Asian man!"
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag! I do the "Tony Danza" one too! I was all set to post it!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Once, Ron played NIN 'closer' in the car. I was horrified because the kids were there, and I didn't want them going around singing that.

But Ron sang, "I want a fuzzy little animal" instead of the most intelligible offensive lyrics. I laughed really hard, but managed to join in. [Smile]

Ron does that a lot, but he also tends to make them MORE offensive, not less.

"Hold on to the night, hold on to the mammary."

Alternate lyrics to the Barney tooth-brushing song: " Oh, I'm brushing my teeth in my rectum-- I got 'em where you don't expect 'em!"

He only does this to make me laugh. It works.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious as to what cute lyrics he sang in place of "I want to feel you from the inside."

Hopefully something, because that line, in conjunction with the previous one concerning furry animals, could be the stuff of nightmares. [Razz]

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

one time in the car Lindsay and i had been driving for hours and were both getting pretty damn crabby, so i put in CURSIVE's THE UGLY ORGAN and pulled out her kazoo. we managed to scream along witht he words we did know and hte ones we didnt we'd just make up or sing LA LA LA as loud as we possibly could while the other one would play the kazoo. it kepot us from going insane. we went through the entire record including the long-ass closer right before we reached our destination so...yea...
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

come on frisco. what about puppets. thehy are furry animals, and we shove our hands up into them all the time.
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
to the tune of "Smells like Teen Spirit"

Turn the lights out,
Turtle cages!
Here we are now,
In the cages!

Heck, those might even be the real lyrics.

space opera

That song must be impossible to figure out the lyrics to.

I think the actual lyrics go something like

With the lights out, it's less dangerous,
Here we are now,
Entertain us,
A mulatto,
An albino,
A mosquito,
My libido...

But I always thought the had to be something like:

"...Entertain us,
I'm a ladder,
I'm a ...?
I'm a skater,
I'm a beano,
Yeah.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

I've made up different lyrics to YELLOW LEDBETTER by Pearl Jam everytime i hear it because nobody knows what eddie is actually singing.

[ July 15, 2004, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Weird Al's video for his Nirvana spoof is hysterical - he sings while drinking water and spitting marbles out of his mouth.

Dagonee
See Snarky, I spelled weird right. I probably misspelled something else, I know.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine and I once, back in high school, "re-interpreted" Hotel California to describe the events of the OJ trial... It was surprisingly inspired.

But I can't remember the lyrics now.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I like to alter song lyrics to suit my narcissism:

quote:

Night and day, I am the one.
Only me beneath the moon and under the sun.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Good-bye, Groovy Tuesday."
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Dirty deeds
Thunder Chief
Dirty deeds and the thunder chief..."

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I like to change the song "Secret Asian Man" so that it sounds like "Secret Agent Man".
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.