FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Weezie died today. (Isabel Sanford of Jeffersons fame)

Author Topic: Weezie died today. (Isabel Sanford of Jeffersons fame)
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
sucks. George Jefferson is now a widow.

suckage.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

but i cant help but think of the pietasters song Movin on Up:

"I'm bigger than you and i'm badder than you."

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
George Jefferson always reminded me of my Dad. Though my mom didn't have a lot in common with Weezie. I don't think.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

In honor of Weezie, here's a trivia question. The Jeffersons was a spin off. What show was it spun off of? The only thibg I have that I can give away as a prize is a genuine movie poster from The Bourne Supremacy . It features a nice close up of Matt Damon's face.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't it from All in the Family?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

it was Herman's Head wasn't it?
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
The moose-dude got it.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

Papa Moose got it right. Do you want the prize, Papa? The Jeffersons were originally next door neighbors of Archie and Edith.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit, I'm not too interested in the poster. I just like being right, and having other people see it happen.

Which is why I don't post as much at Hatrack as I used to. I keep finding out I'm wrong.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i was wrong? dang.
Derrell
Member # 6062

[ROFL] This place just isn't the same when you're not around, Moose.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I met Isabel Sanford once, about 15 years ago, at a charity fundraiser. (I was working behind the scenes.) I asked for many autographs that night. She was one of the few who didn't merely sign my book, but did so graciously, and then proceeded to talk to me for several minutes -- even though she figured out pretty quickly that I wasn't exactly sure who she was. She was gracious about that, too. (Actually, she seemed to be amused.)

I may not be that awed teenager anymore, but I still remember her warmth and generous spirit.

Thank you, Ms. Sanford. And I know who you are, now.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.