FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Thief

Author Topic: A Thief
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
of Time.

Who is a Tony Hillerman fan, and will be watching this tomorrow at 9, on their local PBS station?

[ July 11, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a Hillerman fan! [Smile]

I remember PBS showed Coyote Waits back several months ago. I'll be sure to watch for the Thief of Time tomorrow!

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bekenn
Member # 6602

- posted      Profile for Bekenn   Email Bekenn         Edit/Delete Post 
For a moment there, I thought this was a Pratchett thread.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Tony Hillerman books [Smile]

How was Coyote Waits on TV?

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in. Love Hillerman's books, and love the PBS films. We won't get this one until next Wednesday, though. So I guess I'll have to wait.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Who is a Tony Hillerman fan, and will be watching this tomorrow at 9, on their local PBS station?
My grandmother, actually. [Razz]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Coyote Waits was very well done, I thought. Didn't get to see all of it as I was working, but saw quite a bit of it.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I thought Coyote Waits was very well done. Leaphorn is very sexy, not that that is important, but it helps. Jim Chee was prtrayed younger and more inoocent-looking than I had pictured him.

Also, the title is A Thief of Time, not The Thief of Time, so I changed that.

Edit this time to change "Tim" to Time."

[ July 11, 2004, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, I have to say that I thought it was a bit boring overall. The young woman coming on to Leaphorn did not work for me. It made no sense. I don't remember that part in the book, but I am sure it made more sense there than in the movie.

Anyone else?

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't see it, and it's been years since I read it, but I doubt any bit with a woman coming on to Leaphorn was in the book, that sounds pretty out of character for Hillerman...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the ads lied, and we did get it Sunday, with the rest of you. However, that means I missed the first forty-five minutes or so. Then, about two or three minutes from the end, someone at the station pushed the wrong button and we didn't get to see the end. Except they showed it again at one in the morning. I was busy, and didn't see the beginning again, but I finally saw the last three minutes. Which means that I was up until past 2:30 a.m. [Grumble]

I liked what I saw of it very much. [Smile]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Check on pbs.org, and you can find out when it will be playing again.

It was very good, actually, just slow-paced, and I think I was more exhausted than bored. I kept doing the head-bob through the first part.

I have never liked that Janet, and still don't.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.