FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need everyone's help.

Author Topic: I need everyone's help.
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm trying to get my gf to join hatrack, but she hasn't gotten around to it yet. (Whether it's laziness, or lack of desire to, I''m not sure.)

But yeah, I need everyone to post here saying how much you guys want her to join, and I'll show her this thread.

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and btw, she's in the middle of reading EG now since I bought it for her.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yepyepyepyepyepyepyep...

/end annoying sesame street monster imitation

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mysterious Girlfriend...

We really want you to join, although we know nothing about you and your boyfriend is instigating this whole mess...and...um...

Psst! What else was I supposed to say?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockmuffin
Member # 6683

- posted      Profile for Rockmuffin   Email Rockmuffin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello... I just joined... what's up? [Party]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

We're baiting this guy's girlfriend.

But, I assume he's still in charge.

Which makes him the master baiter.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, welcome! Are you the mysterious gf of CalvinMaker or are you a different new person just happening into this thread?

Whichever it is, welcome RockMuffin.

Umm...do you like puns?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

Rockmuffin is my gf.

[ July 10, 2004, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: CalvinMaker ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

So Rock - I guess we're baiting you. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome ! [The Wave]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
see... the benefits of joining are that you get to read all about everything CalvinMaker thinks -- and maybe see how he treats others.....

[Wink]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome to the insanity!

[The Wave]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
She didn't actually take much convincing, did she?

[Smile]

------

P.S. Rockmuffin? Is there a story, or did we just pick two random words?

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I was going to speculate, but I think I've gotten myself into enough trouble on the dogmeat thread. [Evil]

-Trevor

ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Rockmuffin!

I'm Noah's big sister. [Smile] Delighted to meet you.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcomeness! Pull up a chair, and a years worth of canned food, you'll be camped out by your computer for quite a bit.
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, RockMuffin, welcome to the 'rack! [Wave]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockmuffin
Member # 6683

- posted      Profile for Rockmuffin   Email Rockmuffin         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all. Well, yes rockmuffin... a strange name. My mother's pet name for me for years has been muffin. I like rock music and so I just combined the two. I'm currently reading Ender's Game... very cool. Does anyone suggest a book to follow once I've completed EG? Thank you so much! [Hat]
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Rockmuffin, given that Calvin is one of the biggest OSC and Ender Trivia fans of all time, I suspect he can loan you the next several in the series. And I'm sure he can suggest suggest OSC reading tailored for your pleasure. (Oooh that sounds worse than I meant it to come out but it's amusing enough I'm leaving it.)

Enchantment is one I like though.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Rockmuffin.

Now, what really disgusting and rude Calvin Maker secrets do you have to trade for the stuff we've got on him?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I read Speaker for the Dead next, but that's because Ender's Shadow wasn't even a blip on the radar at that time.

My wife read them about three years ago. We both agree that the next book to read now is Ender's Shadow.

But others here might disagree.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say it depends on whether at the end of the book you want to know more about Ender ( Speaker for the Dead or Bean ( Ender's Shadow ). A reading list tailored for the lady's pleasure might include Ender's Chateau [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beaver Dick Leigh
Member # 2174

- posted      Profile for Beaver Dick Leigh           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey RockMuffin! Wanna fight?

Then again, if yer anythin' like them rolls of Jenny's ya might not be worth it. Chipped my tooth on that last one.

Posts: 145 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.