FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woe is Space Opera - complete with sad puppy-dog face

Author Topic: Woe is Space Opera - complete with sad puppy-dog face
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
We just found out today that our landlord is planning on putting our house up for sale. [Frown] [Frown] This blows for several reasons. We've only lived here for 3 months, and were planning on living here for a few years until we buy a ton of acreage and build. The new buyer would have to honor our lease till March, but that's not much help when I think about the fact that I'll have to keep the house in shape for showing plus find a place to take the kids and dog while they show it.
However, Mr. Opera has said that we could possibly buy the house if we really want. We already own a house in Indiana that we rent, and this house would be a good rental when we're done living in it.
Just send good thoughts my way. After moving to a new state and missing my family in Indiana, the fact that the place I call home might be sold is very upsetting.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a single family structure, or is is a duplex or triplex or something? The idea of trying to rent out a house that I owned seems a little frightening, since all of your income is coming from one unit. The more units you have in a structure, the more you spread out your income streams, so it seems to me like it's safer.

In any case, whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Single family, and in a great neighborhood. I'm just trying not to freak and reminding myself that Mr. Opera said we could always buy it...maybe.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! I have RL friends in a similar situation. Just think, at least you're not moving in with the in-laws! [Wink]

(((((all the operas)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck folks - it might be unsettling, but it'll work out for the best.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Thought ------> Space Opera [Razz]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I don't think you could hardly ever go wrong by buying it. I mean, purchasing it would make it an investment, and -- as you say -- later on you could rent or sell it when you get your place in the country.

Real Estate is one of those few investements that, done right, can end up paying you back in the end.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
S.O., I think you need to watch out for Scott R. He has a grudge against states that begin with the hard K sound. I'm thinking Kentucky is not immune to his wrath.

Joking aside, I would second Farmgirl's comments and also send all the positive mental energy I am capable of. Good Luck [Group Hug]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.