FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Marlon Brando dies at 80.

Author Topic: Marlon Brando dies at 80.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/02/obit.brando/index.html
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I saw A Streetcar Named Desire recently. Brando was very, very good at his job. And sexy as all get out.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. My friend will be so heartbroken when she finds out... [Frown]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
"What are you rebelling against, Johnny?"

"Whataya got?"

[Frown]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Brando has been one of my favorite actors for a long time, and, tied with Paul Newman, is probably my favorite actor of the 50's.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, dear...my senior English teacher will be very sad when she finds out about this.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Of course it also brings to mind the Simpson's musical version, starring Ned Flanders. [Smile]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, On the Waterfront was fantastic! Particularly when you realize that acting at the time was sort of stylized and fakey and hammy (rather like the acting in Gone With the Wind), then along comes Brando with this new method acting and the whole movie was so gritty and realistic and just very true to life. My mother told me it was quite an astonishing change. (She always adored Marlon Brando, but she said she was glad she had married Daddy after all instead of Marlon because Daddy kept his figure better when they got older. [Razz] )

Anyway, he was a great actor, particularly in his young leading man days, and I'm sorry he's gone.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

*loved him*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Bye, Mr.Brando, hope you had a good time on this little rock, you sure made ours better ! [Hat]

Theodor Seuss Geisel:
quote:
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"We'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

Maybe we could celebrate his career by quoting his lines.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

STELLLLAAAAAHH!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess God made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I could BEEN somebody!!!!!!!!!!!
katharina
Member # 827

"There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love."
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Hey Johnny, what're you rebelling against?

"Whattaya got?"

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Brando never said that in a movie, kat.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Don Juan de Marco?

Added: No, crap. You're right.

[ July 06, 2004, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"So, this is college? I didn't miss nothin'."

The Freshman

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.