FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want to go here! Sci-Fi museum!

Author Topic: I want to go here! Sci-Fi museum!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sci-Fi museum

Catch who is on the board for this?

[ June 22, 2004, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Card and Lucas? I can only imagine how a meeting might go....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Nifty site. [Cool]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I think the board meeting would be fun to watch....wonder if OSC runs it like a boot-camp....that would be fun... [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw an ad for the Sci Fi Museum in this month's issue of Locus. It looked neat.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee, I actually know the director, Donna Shirley too. She'd probably recognize me, though it's been a couple years since I saw her last. Guess she stopped being Dean at the OU College of Engineering.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Did someone say FREE TICKETS???
Anthro
Member # 6087

- posted      Profile for Anthro   Email Anthro         Edit/Delete Post 
So Card and Spielberg are both there? I had the impression the former didn't like the latter.

I wanna be a fly on the wall at one of the meetings.

Posts: 550 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! One more place to visit in August . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn! some friends are going t oSeattle this week. . . now I have to send them there too. . . . .
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Lemme tell you a sad, sad story.

On June 7th we were in Seattle, and of course went to stare at the space needle.

Ooohhh! Looky, a Science Fiction Museum! Wow! Clap hands like little kids. This is one of the Coolest Buildings Ever. An arial tram (not finished, still being built, but the track is there) goes right through it. We run around to find the entrance only to see the sign.

Grand Opening, June 18th.

That was just cruel.

[ June 22, 2004, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: AmkaProblemka ]

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it! Seattle here I come!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
From the official site

quote:
Majel Barrett Roddenberry

Majel Barrett Roddenberry -- best known to fans of Star Trek as Nurse Chapel and Lwaxana Troi -- is the guardian of the legacy of her late husband, Gene Rodenberry. An actress, writer and producer, she has appeared in over 50 films and television shows, and executive produced the series Andromeda and Earth: Final Conflict. A committed supporter of animal rights, she is currently developing "The Gene Roddenberry Animal Sanctuary," a no-kill animal shelter for dogs and cats in the Los Angeles area. Majel also sits on the Board of Governors for the National Space Society.

Okay -- how can I call myself a true Sci-fi and Star Trek fan and also admit that I did NOT know this -- that 'Lwaxana Troi' was Gene's wife? Must not have been reading the credits....

I'm so ashamed..

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueJacsFan
Member # 6590

- posted      Profile for BlueJacsFan   Email BlueJacsFan         Edit/Delete Post 
She's the voice of the computer as well.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
In the original series, as well as the spin-offs.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeks. [Smile]

---

I love Seattle. They have the Experience Music Project as well. I want to go back!!

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
What I like best about the computer is its ability to give an accurate-to-the-second countdown to certain doom.

"Lethal radiation exposure in 1 minute 30 seconds and counting."

And even if you stop it 1 second before lethality, everyone on board is fine.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
<whine> Seattle's so far awa-ay... </whine>
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
But I only live an hour away! As soona s I better from pneumonia, let's have a PacNW get-together and go play! [The Wave]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.