FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: The problem-solver is in

Author Topic: New column: The problem-solver is in
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem-solver is in

World crisis? Irresolvable dilemma? No problem! Our crack team of me can handle any quandary, no matter how convoluted, in exchange for a simple waiver of any and all liability. Just look at these examples!

Adult businesses: The strip clubs and sex shops in Daytona Beach should stop fighting with the city commission, band together, move out of the city, and open a massive, adult-oriented theme park on International Speedway Boulevard just past the correctional facility. I'm thinking of an adult "Downtown Disney" with cartoon mascots and rides and lots of little shops and a nightly electrical parade. SexWorld! Then everybody would be happy, year-round tourism would boom, and we'd finally have a major industry in the area. You might want to avoid the log flume ride, though.

Beach driving: All bans on beach driving should be lifted. However, condo and motel owners should be permitted to set non-lethal traps to discourage the practice in their vicinity and turtle fanciers should be allowed to use rubber bullets to lay down covering fire against intrusive drivers while the turtles spawn or breed or whatever it is they do.

(Note: you guys have seen a lot of this before, it was originally killed because I got too editorial so I posted it here. Due to time constraints I needed a canned column so I removed the controversial subjects and ran it. Some of them are going to make much more sense if you live in Central Florida...)

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Celebrity magazines: Any magazine, newspaper, or television show that relies on the humiliation of celebrities for its revenue must set aside one issue or episode per year that candidly exposes the secret, scandalous lives of its editors and writers, prints kiss-and-tell interviews with friends of the publishers, and includes naked pictures of its paparazzi.
[ROFL]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
driving on the beach... heh heh heh.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. Got my weekly shot of Chris. [Cool]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to avoid the log flume ride, though.

[ROFL]

[Hail] Chris

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.