FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Opportunity to show off knowlege of musicals

Author Topic: Opportunity to show off knowlege of musicals
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Chicago again after a long hiatus and went to sleep with that fabulous choreography and dancing against my eyelids. So, I am asking for recommendations for other movie musicals with really stunning visuals. (Having read other musical-related topics at Hatrack I am prepared to be swamped. So post away!)
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fil
Member # 5079

- posted      Profile for fil   Email fil         Edit/Delete Post 
Hedwig and the Angry Inch has interesting visuals and great music, but not really much in the way of choreography.

Dancer in the Dark has great visuals and very interesting choreography. I thought the music was okay (what I saw of it...haven't seen all of it yet).
Oh, what the heck...Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode entitled "Once More With Feeling."

There. I said it.

fil

PS Keep eye out for "De-Lovely" coming out in a month or so starring Kevin Kline. Woohoo!

Posts: 896 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Moulin Rouge was quite visually exciting (and the music was fun too).
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Singing in the Rain has some great dancing, lots of bright colors and good comedy too. [Smile]

I agree about Moulin Rouge. The visuals are stunning, and the story is annoying!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
fil..."Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is a wonderful film.

For old-style musicals, I think I most like "Sweet Charity".

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Romance on the High Seas with Doris Day. She's so hot fellas won't notice the absence of visuals.

Sweet Charity? Shirley MacLaine's legs...wow! Too Rat Pack for me though.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.