FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reviving the Legend (An Ice Cream Thread)

Author Topic: Reviving the Legend (An Ice Cream Thread)
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard about this. I've seen you all refer to it. I think I even glimpsed the The Thread Itself once, when I was a very tender young newb and even more of a lurker than I am now.

So I wanna know...

My favourite ice cream is black cherry (also known as bordeaux cherry). This is closely followed by cookies and cream and prailines and cream. A real strawberry gelato, however, tops them all.

Where's the man with the eerie ice cream clairvoyance? Can I still draw on his talents? I've been curious for a long time...

(Oh, and just to make this thread even more annoying than it must already be: [The Wave] )

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
EL,
Good luck. He has been too "busy" to come up with prizes for the Pun Smackdowns for weeks and weeks, and lets us all linger on, with an occasional drive-by pun, sometimes even posted FOR him by his lady love.
Not that I am bitter, mind you. No, i am not bitter at all.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. I should have remembered his suddenly busy schedule.

Well, maybe when he finally emerges again....

[Smile]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been curious, too... so I went and found the original thread. Here it is:

http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=012578

Maybe I'll go read it now and see what more I can find out about my future brother-in-law...

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Eljay,
It is quite amazing what the man can do with an ice cream preference. Truly. When he "did" me, I just kind of sat there and thought, "He is right!"

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
As I too was not around for the original - and have only had time to read its first page (I have to write for VBS or I'm gonna get lynched) - I'm going to post my favorite in the hope that someday when Bob and dkw are settled he may have time to profile me.

Ice-cream - generally its always Vanilla - but it has to be real vanilla ice-cream with vanilla pod bits - not really keen on vanilla flavoured ice-cream. Over in the UK we have magnum ice-cream bars and they have real vanilla in real white chocolate coating - my favourite.

I do have moments when I fancy other flavours but these are usually fleeting and I always return to vanilla.

My favourite way to eat ice-cream is served with pancakes (thin ones not American ones) with vanilla ice-cream, peanuts (unsalted of course), and maple syrup (real of course) - uuummm delicious.

My other favourite thing is to make a smoothie with mashed banana, vanilla ice-cream and a drop of milk - yummy!

Ice-cream should always be slightly soft but still solid - no yucky melted stuff - we're adults not children.

EDIT: spelling typos

[ June 05, 2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: cochick ]

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Over in the UK we have magnum ice-cream bars and they have real vanilla in real white chocolate coating - my favourite.

Magnum makes their shit with real vanilla now? Are you sure? I remember it being the usual plain white vanilla.

Yes, good vanilla ice cream is also my favourite.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm definitely - little black bits in the ice-cream is vanilla pod. They're ice-creams delicious - lots of others goes runny real quick and drips everywhere before you finish the lolly but not magnum
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

Meh, magnums are so-so.

But the true test is: Is the vanilla yellow?

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"(thin ones not American ones)"

I love and grew up on thin pancakes. Adirondack flapjacks. No puffiness at all. They tended to be smaller, too, not big, plate-sized things. But not as thin as crepes, either.

jebus202
Member # 2524

Get outta' here pancake lover! This is an ice cream thread.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, yeah? And what if I just HAPPEN to love pancake-flavored ice cream, then what?
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if you guys realize how exhausting that thread was for Bob . . .

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Never once crossed my mind. My own selfish desire for a profile was the only thing I was concerned about.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
EL,

*shakes head* *whistles dirge*

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.