FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oooooh....pretty water. with a lot of gray paint.

Author Topic: Oooooh....pretty water. with a lot of gray paint.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's not a goodbye or anything. However, I will be gone for about two months (maybe more depending on when I can get internet access). I am on my way to California and will be stopping at a few countries on the way. When I get to CA I hope to share pictures. Only the decent ones mind you. You might not get to see any at all from Rio [Wink] . I just wish this was a 6 month deployment. I love those oh so much more than the short cruises. However, this should be nice as I will hit some port calls in foreign countries again. Rather than the last time this bucket of bolts of a ship went to a port. Fort Lauderdale is not a port call [Wall Bash] . But it was nice to go somewhere.

Anyway, I still have to get my stuff all setup. I have to be on the ship at midnight tonight. I gots two boxes to send home and a seabag to pack. Hmmmm, I think I said my farewells to my friends that live here.

CYA LTR

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Bye Stan! [Wave]

Be sure to check back in whenever you can!

*and keep your head down*

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is eveyrone leaving?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
They grow up and leave the nest, eventually. It the circle of life, sweetie.

That, or it's summer vacation and they have lives.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Where can i get one of these lives from?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*and keep your head down*

*scratches head* Down where?

kaioshin00, I am going underway. I might as well say it now (It's all over the news over here) My ship pulls out tomorrow morning to go around the horn and pull into San Diego.

Kayla, I wish I had a life. I guess ya could call this a vacation.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
We will all wait faithfully at the harbor with our hankies until your return. That's just my way of saying you'll be missed!

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

quote:
My ship pulls out tomorrow morning to go around the horn and pull into San Diego.
I'm assuming this is intelligible to most people, but could you say that in English for those of us who don't speak Navy?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why is eveyrone leaving?
I guess Hatrack has reversed polarity again. It's a never ending cycle . Either that or it has to do with school being out for the summer.

Edit: Duh, I mean what Kayla said! [Smile]

[ May 26, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Kayla, my ship is going to sail around the horn of South America and then go up to San Diego. What I mean by horn is the the...yeah....south of South America.
Kayla
Member # 2403

Thanks. I thought that, but then I wasn't sure if by "San Diego" you were actually going to California, or if it was some port in Spain that I didn't know about.

And hey, while it is California, at least it's not Iraq, or Mississippi/Texas/Georgia. (Iraq = danger, Mississippi/Texas/Georgia = god awful humididty, which is all I've ever heard about from guys I know in the Army/Air Force that were stationed there/had basic there.)

Stan the man
Member # 6249

quote:
Mississippi/Texas/Georgia
Oddly enuf when I fly back to Virginia to pick up my truck and then drive back to California I will be driving thru all those. I'm thinkin about takin 17 down to I-10 and I don't know what yet from there. I have to visit an ol' shipmate in SC for a bit and another one (Who just got medically discharged) invited me to TX to go fishin. I also plan on doin some bar hoppin while I'm there. I'm stopping at certain places along the way to pick up shot glasses for my sister. She collects them so I buy one wherever I am either stationed or where I pull into port.
Kayla
Member # 2403

Your plan is to do this during the summer? How's the air-conditioner in your car? What color are your seats? Are they fabric? Do you have enough money for bail? (think Cousin Vinny) Protection? (Deliverance.)
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Worse, early fall. I'm an auto mechanic as well so my a/c works fairly well. Yes, fabric seats. And speaking about the truck, I got to get it setup for storage.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.